The Big Plan

The next morning branch woke up singing while Twig was still asleep ( so he thought she was asleep. She was really singing one favorite songs. one her grandma would sing to her). Branch was singing his morning song very quietly so he wouldn't wake up his sister. He was singing until Poppy scared the heck out of him. GOOD MORNING BRANCH poppy yelled. Branch: AAHH. Poppy keep it down you'll wake up twig branch said. And you didn't sleep on it branch added. Not a wink Poppy said. And you probably got a crazy plan Branch said. And yes I do. I decided the Bergens need a new holiday. And nobody knows holidays better than us. We'll just give them one of ours poppy explained. And why are we doing this branch asked. Bridget is my best friend. They deserve to have a day full of singing, dancing, costumes, presents, and glitter poppy said. So much flipping glitter Poppy said. Poppy are you sure this is a good idea branch said. Absolutely. This is what I do. I take care of my friends poppy said. They started hearing singing from the room where branch kept all the supplies. You hear that branch asked. Yeah I do. A voice that sounds a lot like you poppy said. Branch followed the voice and saw his little sister singing to herself while sorting out supplies.
Twig:
When tomorrow comes
I'll be on my own
Feeling frightened of
The things that I don't know
When tomorrow comes
Tomorrow comes
Tomorrow comes

And though the road is long
I look up to the sky
And in the dark I found, lost hope that I won't fly
And I sing along, I sing along, and I sing along

I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me, and see a sweet life
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
Can't lie, it's a sweet life
Stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
'Cause you're my flashlight (flashlight)
You're my flashlight (flashlight), you're-
Wow still as amazing as ever branch said smiling. Twig jumped in shock and fell. Ok that has to stop Twig said. What has to stop branch asked smirking. You eavesdropping on me when I want at least 5 minutes alone. And also don't give me that look twig said. Branch stopped smirking. So when are you gonna sing for me branch asked. I'll sing for other people when I'm ready twig said. And when will you be ready branch asked. When I feel comfortable enough Twig said. Branch was about to ask another question but before he could Twig turned around and glared at branch with red eyes. Branch hid behind Poppy. Nevermind he said nervously. That's what I thought Twig said. ( A little while later ). As branch poured a cup of coffee for his little sister he was thinking about all those times she used to sing with him when they were little. He missed the duets they used to do together. He snapped out of it when he heard his little sister yawn loudly. He saw the huge bags under her eyes. ( Twig didn't get sleep because she had nightmares about losing her brother and friends. She never told anyone she was having nightmares. She had these nightmares ever since she was happy again. She thought if she told anyone they would think she was childish)( p.s. Poppy already left to book a bus). Branch always noticed the bags under Twig's eyes, but decided not to say anything because he thought it would upset her. But this was going on for almost a year now and he thought this went on long enough. Okay care to explain why you've been having bags under your eyes for the past months branch asked. I have no idea what your talking about Twig said in a way to innocent voice. Sis branch said while raising a brow. Fine 🙄 I'll tell you. But how can I be sure you won't laugh at me when I tell you twig said. I won't laugh branch said while lifting his pinky finger. Don't you think I'm a little old for that twig asked. I'm still doing it and I'M 25 branch said. Okay Twig said while lifting her pinky finger with his. Now go on tell me branch said. Twig explained how she had nightmares about losing him. Twig you know I'll always be here for you Branch said sympathetically. Thanks twig said smiling. They shared a loving sibling hug.