The White Dragon

Warning: There is a mature scene towards the middle of the chapter, it is between two consenting adults.

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe.

Chapter 1: The White Dragon

Sting Eucliffe, the current guild master of the Sabertooth Guild, found himself at a very dull Magic Council meeting, along with the other guild masters from Fiore. Aside from all the paperwork, this was the part of his job he hated the most.

At least, he could usually count on Rogue to take care of the paperwork for him, but there was nothing he could do about these monthly get-togethers the Council forced on all the guild masters. To make matters worse, Rogue was away on a mission with Orga and had not been able to accompany him.

He supposed it could be worse. He could be Makarov Dreyar, the enduring guild master of the Fairy Tail guild. For the last thirty minutes, the poor man had been listening to complaint after complaint from the Council about the amount of destruction caused by his mages on several jobs.

Sting covered his mouth discreetly, trying to hide his grin as he realized most of the complaints centered around his fellow dragon slayer and friend, Natsu Dragneel, and his team. He'd experienced first hand how quickly Natsu raged out of control and was secretly glad that very few mages in his guild caused him trouble.

After several apologies from Makarov, most of which sounded half-hearted at best, the council members finally moved on to Goldmine, the guild master for Quattro Cerberus, who was on the receiving end of yet another long list of complaints. Sting dozed off as the council members droned on and on with no end in sight.

He was awakened by Makarov when the meeting finally came to an end. The old man motioned for him to follow. Sting rose from his seat and stretched his limbs, starting to feel some of his enthusiasm for life return. He followed Makarov out of the meeting room and to a nearby bar.

The Fairy Tail guild master went straight to the bartender and ordered a drink, which he quickly downed. He ordered a second and headed to a table at the back of the establishment. Sting ordered his own drink and joined him. He was curious about what Fairy Tail's master wanted to talk to him about.

"So, how are you holding up as Master?" Makarov inquired politely.

"Fine so far, I just didn't expect it to be quite so...boring," Sting replied honestly.

Makarov held a wistful expression on his face, probably wishing he could claim the same.

"Trust me, you should hope it stays that way," Makarov grumbled, "Those brats are going to be the death of me!"

Sting snickered. The old man had a point. With pleasantries now out of the way, he waited for Makarov to tell him what was on his mind.

"I'd like to keep an open channel of communication between our two guilds," Makarov stated, looking at him seriously, "We're the only ones that have dragon slayers in our ranks and with everything that went on with the Eclipse Gate, it just seems like a good idea to share any information that we come across."

Sting thought about the request and decided that there was really nothing to lose, especially since Fairy Tail had more dragon slayers than Sabertooth. It would probably benefit Sabertooth more in the long run.

"I'm not opposed to the idea," Sting replied. While the request didn't seem unusual, he couldn't help but feel that there was more to it than simple caution. "Any particular reason you bring it up now?"