New Skills

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima, Tiamat is loosely based on Tiamat from Forgotten Realms which Belongs to Wizards of the Coast, LLC. The traits of the chromatic dragons have been altered to match the dragon slayers in the Fairy Tail Universe.

Chapter 13: New Skills

Gray squeezed Natsu's hand before letting it go as they made their way downstairs. He wasn't ready to have everyone know what had happened between them yet, for now it belonged only to the two of them and Makarov. He needed to go to his apartment to pack his bag for the upcoming job request. He left Natsu at the bar and whispered that he would return soon. He left the guild quickly, eager to go on a job for the first time since Natsu had been captured. Now that he was outside he allowed his face to show the happiness he had been careful to hide while in the guild.

Inside the guild, Mira was looking at Natsu an idea forming in her head.

"Natsu, do you remember what I taught you about transformation magic?"

"Yeah?", he said wondering what the take over mage was getting at.

"Maybe you should use it until you guys get out of Magnolia. We don't know who's looking for you and no offense, but you kind of stand out."

He thought about it carefully. Could he still do it? He tried to transform into Mira. He closed his eyes and created a picture of Mira in his mind. Once he had it he tried to imagine that picture on his own body. He allowed his magic power to build up and then he released it. He opened his eyes and looked at Mira.

"How did I do?", he asked the take over mage.

"Not bad at all!", she handed him a mirror and he saw Mira's face reflected back at him. "We're going to need to work on your voice, though. You still sound like you and that won't fool anybody." She worked with him, teaching him how to change his voice as part of the transformation. He was a quick study and she was soon happy with his progress.

"Now, visualize the clothes you want to be wearing and place them on your image."

After a few tries he managed to switch his own clothes for Mira's purple dress. Erza and Wendy clapped at his progress while Lucy tried not to look jealous. Even though she had been the one who had wanted to learn transformation magic she'd had no luck when she had tried it.

"Very impressive Natsu, I didn't know you could do that.", Erza told him proudly, "Mira doesn't go on missions though. I think she would stand out as well." She tried to think of who could work. She thought they were on the right track with it being a female as it would draw less attention than another male.

Natsu was pleased that he had been able to perform the difficult magic. He released the transformation and looked around the guild. He noticed the absence of a certain blue haired water mage and his eyes lit up with mischief at the thought of the prank he was going to play on his mate. He loved the sound of that.

He closed his eyes and tried to create a picture of Juvia in his mind, it was harder since she was not in the guild and he had not seen very much of her in the last month. He thought of the color of her eyes and the length of her hair, of her features, what he knew of her body as well as the placement of her guild mark. He thought of the tone of her voice and the clothes that she wore. He put all of these things together in his mind and then he tried to imagine them on his own body. He let his magic power build up and then he released it. He opened his eyes slowly and looked in the mirror that Mira had lent him. Juvia stared back at him.