Oaths and Duty

Elena woke to find Robb had already left, she quickly put on one of her dresses and went to find Robb it was unusual to find he had left so early. She soon found him, he was with Maester Luwin and Theon, he was reading a small scroll, he looked at Maester Luwin in discuss, he didn't even notice Elena had walked in "Joffrey outs my father in chains, now he wants his arsed kissed?" Maester Luwin looked sorrowfully at Robb "these are a kings commands my lord it would be wise to not disobey them" "oh I'll go to kings landing but not alone, call the bannerman" "my lord ple-" "they've all sworn to protect my father have they not? Let's see what their oaths are worth."

Robb looked up and saw Elena shocked "they've killed all his men and they've thrown him in the dungeons, we must protect him and my sisters" "why would Robert do that? He's his friend?" "King Robert is dead, Joffrey sits on the throne now" Maester Luwin informed Elena who looked at Robb in horror.

"Your going to war?" Elena looked at Robb in shock "if it comes to that you know I'll follow you" Theon blurted out. Robb looked appreciated of Theon's promise. "Please could you leave you us" Robb said his tone was dull. He can't leave me Elena thought, could he? "I must go Elena, it's my duty to my father" "I understand" Elena didn't want to she wanted to be selfish and keep Robb all to herself she didn't want him to leave her all alone.

The bannerman arrived the next day. Robb said goodbye to Elena he kissed her on her dry lips, she couldn't bear him going, Bran was now awake he was trying to be strong for his brother but tears were pricking in his eyes. "I'll be back soon, I promise" Robb looked deep into Elena's eyes, she felt like begging him to stay, she would do anything. Robb got on his horse, Jon and Theon followed they started riding South away from Elena.

That night Elena laid in bed alone she stared at the pillow next to he, Robb should be laid the next to her, instead he was out there somewhere in the cold and the dark.

A few days later Robb still had not returned. A raven had arrived at Winterfell, it said that Ned Stark had been executed, Elena couldn't believe that he was actually dead, what would Robb do? She had no idea, she couldn't even comfort him like he had comforted her so many times. She was powerless to helps the boy she loved, who was quickly becoming a man.

Robb felt numb when he read it, how? Why? His father was dead, he had no idea what to do, he had to lead an army. He swung his sword against the hard bark on a nearby tree, no matter how hard he swung he couldn't release his anger and hate for the Lannisters. "Robb!... Robb" he looked up to see his mother, she looked weak, like she had just been crying "you've ruined your sword" Robb dropped his sword to the ground, he didn't care, he didn't care about anything. "I'll kill them all, everyone of them... I'll kill them all!" Robb buried his face in his mothers shoulders, she held him tightly "we need to get the girls back first... And then we will kill them all."