Chapter 14 - That Better Be For The Project

(Pierce's POV)

I kissed her.

Fuck yeah, I kissed her.

She just wouldn't shut up.

But as soon as my lips touched hers everything that I had weighing on  my shoulders disappeared. All that shit with my mom and her new  boyfriend kicking me out on my ass. The fact that I was going to have to  find a new place to live in a week. It all left me and I had no  worries. I knew I could be the homeless, starving, and poorest man in  the world, but as long as I had her in my life everything would be fine.

I could conquer the world with her by my side.

Her lips felt so soft against mine as she stood tense and unknowing what to do. I could tell she felt shocked and slightly confused on what to do which obviously meant she had never kissed someone before. Which  made me want her even more as I caressed her cheek with one hand and ran my other hand through her soft, dark hair.

I pressed my lips harder to hers trying get a response.

Slowly, but surely I could feel her start to kiss me back, just following my lead which in turn had me smiling into the kiss. I have never kissed a girl like this before, but I can't complain because its the best I have ever had.

Making no move to deepen the kiss I pulled back slightly after pecking her soft lips one last time.

Pulling back to look into her beautiful, bright hazel eyes, I couldn't help drifting down to her searing red checks and her now plumped, pink lips.

Looking up at me with astonishing awe, she closed and reopened her mouth at least twenty times before speaking.

"I gotta go." She took off to the front door and up the stairs, almost tripping on the top step of the porch. I couldn't help but chuckle at her clumsiness.

I would feel completely and utterly rejected if she hadn't kissed me back. Instead I feel like I'm on top of the world right now.

Until a thought hit me.

What if someone saw us?

Like her dad.

I can't afford to lose this job, especially right now with my mom on the verge of kicking me out of my ass. I want to care, but I just don't feel like it. Not when I just had the best kiss of my life with a girl I really like.

Fuck, I'm starting to sound like a chick again.

Quickly, I got back to work instead of just standing in the middle of the front lawn looking like a awe struck girl. After finishing my work, I knocked on the Martinez's door as I tried not to look bummed when  Mrs. Martinez appeared behind it.

She smiled, knowingly. "Expecting to see someone else—like Kadynce, perhaps?"

I shook my head frantically. "No, I just needed to ask her something, about working on our projects tomorrow."

"Well, I'll get your money and you can go ask her now, she's up in her room." Mrs. Martinez pointed towards the stairs as I nodded and headed up, already knowing where her room was since I been up here before.

Knocking on her door a few times she called me to come in, probably thinking I was someone else considering when I walked through she jumped up in the seating position from where she laid on her bed. It looked like she was doing some type of  homework.

Her eyes widened just a bit when she saw me walking through her door.

"Hey, Ace." I smirked.

"W-what are you doing up here?" She seemed jittery and nervous.

BashfulOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara