chapter sixteen

"I would not pull out my shares anymore,not because this unfortunate human has interest in them hell no,but because I've been doing business with this company for a long time,leaving now would speak ill of me,so I would stay" Isabella said crossing her legs.

Victoria rolled her eyes at her,well no matter what Isabella was saying she knew it was a lie,she didn't want to pull out her shares anymore cause Victoria faked interest in them.

When Eric's secretary Trina came to call her that her attention was needed in the board meeting she was surprised, she didn't know of a board meeting in the first place,she was surprised that her attention was needed,And with Eric asking her such questions immediately she got in, she knew something was up and she had to be smart in other not to embarrass herself and Eric too,even tho he changed from being the man in China back to the Eric she married.

"well then to bad,I really wanted that share but not to worry am sure my HUSBAND would work things out,if that would be all please excuse me" Victoria said emphasizing the "husband" intentionally to aggravate Isabella the more,before leaving the room.

When she closed the door she rested on it and let out a breath,relived that,that wasn't a disaster, but slowly the relive she felt washed away as she remembered the issue she was dealing with before she was called,Eric sacking Alexa, she was on her way to the office this morning when Alexa called and was crying and rattling about what Eric did,she called Eric immediately she ended the call with Alexa and he busied her call,she tried calling him again when she arrived at the office but he wasn't picking up,the thought of her best friend in pain and jobless at the moment caused a kind of pain in her heart cause she knows the feeling of being jobless, she shook her head and went back to her office, in the elevator she tried figuring out a reason for Eric's action but she couldn't arrive at one,Alexa was hard working so he's reasons of putting her out of a job where not understandable.

She decided to go see tony,maybe both of them could find a solution to the problem, on getting to Tony's office she heard cries coming out so she figured Alexa was in there, she opened the door of course without knocking which was wrong but it was her besties office what would you expect,When she got in she saw Alexa on the sofa crying and tony was comforting her, the sight broke Victoria's heart the more,she walked up to were they where on the sofa and placed her hands on Alexa's shoulder trying to comfort her.

"Am so sorry Alexa,am sorry, I would fix this okay I promise I would talk to him,he can't just do this" Victoria said trying to comfort her best friend even tho she had no idea on how to fix this.

"Just do something Victoria you know I need this job,please help me,I did nothing wrong to him so I don't understand why he did what he did,I can't be jobless now and you know it Victoria do something please" Alexa said in between sobs.

"I would al I would fix this I promise to do everything in my power, am so sorry" Victoria said.

"Cmon baby girl its OK,stop crying or else I would start crying, Vic would fix this OK?she's his wife she has a kind of power over him" tony said

Victoria nodded her head in agreement but inside she knew better,she had zero power over Eric and she knew it,but she was hoping that man she was with in China was somewhere inside Eric so maybe she could plead with him,hopefully.

"I hope so,I really hope you could help me Victoria" Alexa said.

"I can" Victoria said reassuring her and making a silent prayer to the heavens that she could.

After trying to comfort Alexa for close to thirty minute's Victoria decided to go see Eric in his office as she was sure the meeting was over already, she hugged Alexa one last time before leaving the office, she got into the elevator and headed for Eric's office, all the while in the elevator she had to make herself see a positive side of whatever conversation her and Eric were about to have, and it wasn't easy as there were so many ways the conversation could go against her favour but she had to have a little hope for her friend, the sound of the elevator opening made Victoria even more nervous, she didn't even have a plan on how to talk to him, she walked up to his secretary to ask if he was busy and she was told he wasn't, somewhere in her heart she had been hoping he was busy. She noded and made her way into his office, when she entered his head snapped up immediately from what he was doing and he held eye contact with her.