chapter twenty

Victoria heard sounds of footsteps walking up and down the corridor, she heard Alfonso order something in Spanish to a boy named Edward, he kept shouting at the lad for minutes non stop.

Victoria shook her head as all the noise was giving her headache plus the fact that the past few days hasn't been easy for her,she kept throwing up and craving for stupid things,she touched her tommy where her little baby bump was but it wasn't noticeable since its just three weeks old.

At night she hardly sleeps cause of the cold and all the body ache,so she used all those times to plot a way out of this place,and today was that day,she was going to try to leave this place and if her plans work before the end of the day she would be free.

She missed her family her husband,aunty and sister,the only three people that the thought of them made her happy the reason why she badly wanted to get out of here.

The door opened and as usual the Edward boy came in with food for her,and also brush and toothpaste, a bucket of warm water and a towel for her to clean herself.this has been the new routine for her since the past few days. She thanked the boy and went into the old bathroom,she picked up the fork from the tray without the boy's notice,when she got into the bathroom,she did as she had plan by using the fork to unscrew the nails which wasn't easy for a pregnant woman,but after removing two she had the strength to remove the rest.

She removed the window which thankfully she could craw out of then placed it back to avoid suspicions,afterwards she used the bathroom and came out,Edward was still standing on the same spot she left him in,she gave him a little smile and picked up her food and started eating, she drank the orange juice that was giving to her when she had finished eating, she removed the fork and put it in her pocket unknown to the boy who just picked up the plate and left the room.

Next it was Alfonso who came in with a doctor to check up on her it was a daily routine since she found out she was with child,the doctor would do some check up on her and the baby then write something's down and give it to Alfonso,he gave Victoria a tight smile and told her that her and her baby where doing fine so she shouldn't be worried, Victoria noded and smiled back at him,soon they left and she was all alone,time for her to kick her plans into action.

She went to double check the door to make sure it was locked properly, after being sure that it was,she headed to the bathroom,and climbed on top the sitter so she could be able to craw out of the window,she opened it and placed her hands on the window so she could be able to lift herself up,and after that it was easy for her to pass through, just as she thought she came out on the other side outside the building, saying a thank you prayer to the heavens she began to move.

After walking for a while and successfully dodging the men with guns,she found the gate,but like they said the way to freedom was never easy,there was a dozen armed men at the gate,not just ordinary men,they where very muscular, one mistake and any of them could fling her on his shoulder and take her back,the sight in front of her was scary,how was she suppose to pass these guards and leave this God forsaken place.

It was like the heavens heard her plea and sent her a helper, well not really your Ideal helper since it was a truck filled with whatever at the back but you couldn't tell since it was covered with a wrap,Victoria smiled as the plan played in her head. She crawled to where the truck was parked praying that no one sees her or notice that she wasn't in her cell anymore,she waited for them to offload the truck and reload it again,this time she saw what was at the back of the truck, they where loading ammos and it was a lot of them even guns too,which made Victoria wonder the kind of things Susan was into since she owned the place.

Victoria watched and waited until they were done with whatever they were doing, when the driver was signing something on a paper with Alfonso Victoria used the opportunity to climb into the back of the truck where the ammos were covered,surprisingly there were teddy bears and children things inside the truck also,she lifted them up and found the ammos hidden under them.