Chapter 13

**Video is B5's dance rehearsal; picture is Reese*

__ Raven's POV __

I tried calling Reese FIVE times and texting her all afternoon, and still nothing. This girl! You know what, if she wants to act big and bad and "grown", well okay then. I'm not answering any of her calls either, and if she needs my help with something she better figure it out herself. I've been there for her my whole life and I get nothing in return. I don't deserve this and neither does Carnell. Poor Carnell.... : /

GIA: (snaps) "RAVEN!"

RAVEN: "Huh?"

GIA: "Daydreaming again?"

RAVEN: "Sorry girl..."

GIA: "What's up?"

RAVEN: "Did I tell you Nellz saw Reese in the hallway today skipping class and she totally like blew up in his face. Apparently she was talking about she was headed to the clubs."

GIA: "What? Are you serious?"

RAVEN: "Mhmm. I decided to just give up on Reese. I mean she doesn't listen anyway; she's hard-headed, and naïve... and I'm done dealing with her."

GIA: "That's really a shame... but just do what you have to do, Rae."

RAVEN: "Yep. (sighs) well, you ready to watch B5's rehearsal tonight?"

GIA: "Ohhh yeah!" (smiles big)

RAVEN: "Haha, then let's go girl!"

__ Nicole's POV __

Been rehearsing for an hour now... and woo! What a workout! When I dance, all of my problems go away... I feel free... like I can do anything. It's soo refreshing! 

I walk over to my towel and wipe the sweat off my face. I take a long drink of my water and lay out on the studio floor. Then, I pick up my phone: there are 3 text messages from Roger and a missed call from... Mom? What the heck does she want? Pshh. I'm surprised she even cares.

Anyway, I reply to Roger's text and say "I miss u too babe ;-)"

NICOLE: (to herself) "He's soo sweet!"

???: "Well, would you look who it is..."

NICOLE: "OH... hey guys."

???: "You miss us?"

NICOLE: (sighs) "Of course I've missed you, Raven!"

I get up to hug Raven and Gia who look surprised to see me. Wow, I haven't hung out with my girls in a few days... it's like I don't even remember them. I can feel a strange distance between us.

GIA: "Where were you?? You missed Calculus - I got your homework--"

NICOLE: "I know... I've been doing fine."

RAVEN: "Doing fine? You still with Roggy?"

NICOLE: "It's ROGER... and yes, why?"

RAVEN: "Figures. Girl, please come back to reality! This guy has you hooked. Whenever you're with him, it's like you're a different girl."