Chapter 17

__ Kelly's POV __

I made my way out of Mikayla's apartment and began driving home. I can't believe what happened last night... and I'm kind of disappointed in myself. I told myself I'd NEVER fall for Mikayla again -- and never fall for her tricks -- but look who's stupid now! Ugh! I didn't even have protection either... GOD HELP ME! 

I pulled up in our garage and got out the car. I wonder if mom's home? Who am I kidding -- she's always home...

Okay... breathe. It's okay, Kelly. Just be calm. Don't act nervous around mom or she'll think something's up. Just act natural dude, act natural. 

I walked into our kitchen to see ma making pancakes. She turned around as soon as she heard me coming...

MS. ADRIAN: "Kelly! Well, good morning!"

KELLY: "Hi, mom..."

MS. ADRIAN: "Nice to see you. Where were you last night? You didn't call anyone -- Dustin and I were worried."

KELLY: "I texted Bryan... and I was just at a -- um, a friend's house."

MS. ADRIAN: "I know you're grown, but please at least check in with your mother so I won't be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Haven't you seen all these shootings on the news these days? I don't know WHAT could've happened to you--"

KELLY: "MA! Okay, I'll call next time."

MS. ADRIAN: "Thank you. (grins) So, what did you do at your friend's house all night?"

KELLY: (Be calm Kelly, she's not suspecting a thing...) "Um Nothing. Just watched movies and... chilled. Everything's cool, I mean it's not like I did anything bad that would upset you or anything, ha! It's not like I was with a girl instead or anything... HA HA."

MS. ADRIAN: (confused) "Alrighty... well... um, you want some pancakes, honey?"

KELLY: "N-No thanks, I'm not that hungry. Uh, I'm gonna go to my room..."

MS. ADRIAN: "Okay, well, more for me."

That wasn't too bad. I just felt like laying down though, and never coming out of my room. I just need answers to what went down last night; like, how on earth could that have happened?! Upstairs, I spot Dustin's bedroom door halfway opened. I knock on his door and walk in. Maybe he can help me with this situation.

KELLY: "Yo, Dustin! Can I talk to you for a minute?"

DUSTIN: "What up, bro? And where were you last night? Mom was going crazy, man, you shoulda saw her." (chuckles)

KELLY: "Yeah... (plops down on the bed) that's what I want to talk to you about."

DUSTIN: "Aight, what is it?"

KELLY: (big sigh) "Last night during rehearsals, Mikayla stopped by to talk with me."

DUSTIN: "Oh, yeah, Gia told us she was there."

KELLY: "She did?"

DUSTIN: "Yep."

KELLY: "Well... so, she was saying how we can just forget about the past and all that and still be friends. She told me to give her another chance and chill out at her apartment, so I did. So, we were actually having a good time -- we watched a movie and she made me dinner!"

DUSTIN: "What?!"

KELLY: "I know, right. I was surprised too! It was getting late and she became a little fidgety. She told me to go relax in her room, so I did. Then... before you know it... she walks in the bedroom... and and she's practically naked! Next thing I knew, she was on top of me and we were getting freaky."