Chapter 3

AVA's

After what seemed like endless hours but turned out to be only 35 minutes, I had finished dental and the physical test. They had to make sure everything was just fine and that I was capable of going through their rigorous training and also that I was generally healthy.

They also ran a couple of blood test. I received a couple of vaccinations I was missing, due to lack of economic income in my house-hole we couldn't get our vaccinations. 

Once I was done being checked I was escorted to a room full of females, there I saw Laura and sat next to her.

"What's going-?"

"Alright everyone I need you to listen up, I'm only gonna say this once and I'm not one to repeat myself" 

I look towards the door just in time to see her enter. She was beautiful. Red hair, flawless skin, perfect body. She was everything any girl would envy. Her tag read, Miller.

"Is there something I could help you with?" She asked when she noticed my stare.

Welp never mind, then. Nobody would want that attitude. Right when I was about to answer her question, she cut me off.

"Every female in this room will follow a procedure. You will take your belongings, bags or whatever you brought with you and go through that door," she pointed a steel door to her right. "as your name gets called. You will hand over your stuff to the officers that will scan it and take whatever is unnecessary."

She walked around the room with a perfect posture, up right. She glided through the room with confidence, voice loud making sure everyone heard her. You could tell she was not one to mess with.

"Once you are on the other side, you will be handed your uniforms. Just to make something clear you are accountable for this uniform's maintenance. We will have weekly uniform inspections so make sure you have that clean, pressed and ready to go. Understood?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Every female responded.

She was about to start calling out names when I raised my hand. At first she didn't even notice me but Laura cleared her throat making Miller look up.

"Yes?"

"Oh,um. I was just wondering when will we be able to get our call..." I said trailing off waiting for her answer.

"Right after you get your uniform." She said bluntly.

"Ok, everyone listen up for your name. I'm going to be calling three at a time. So first up, Smith, Reed and Soto."

I watched as three familiar faces picked up their bags and slowly walked to the door and disappear behind it. She was halfway through the listen when she called "Hernandez, Smalls and Pan-Pancake?"

I sighed and stood up. Along with me Laura stood and the other girl, I couldn't remember her name.

We followed in line into the door. Once we were inside there was a mechanic belt running, behind it stood three girls dressed in ACUs.
They wore gloves and gestured for Laura to lay her bag down.

The process was much like in the airports. The first officer opened your bag and poked it with a stick, then she would set it on the mechanic belt, that then took it through an x-ray scanner and the last officer took the unnecessary items out and handed you back your bag.

While this process was going on, you would walk through a metal detector and get searched for any weapons.

"Name?" The first officer asked Laura.