Chapter Three

The rest of my shift went by smoothly. It was about 7:45 by the time I had given report back to Linda for the night shift and left the hospital. I was trying hard to ignore the butterflies that were erupting in my stomach without success. What was I going to wear? Where was he going to take me? What if he turned out to be a creep?

All these thoughts flooded through my head as I opened the door to my apartment at 8:00, he would be here in 30 minutes! I ran to my shower and did a quick 10 minute body shower and shaved. My hair had been in a braid from work so my long blonde hair was nice and wavy when I took the braid out. I threw on a simple black dress and a pair of wedges since I had no idea what we would be doing, I thought it was a safe bet. I was just reapplying my mascara when I heard a knock on the door.

Shit he was early. I ran over in my shoes and opened the door. He stood dressed in casual dark jeans and a plain black polo shirt. His dark hair was styled into the "messy" look and his blue eyes were so gorgeous, they made my heart skip a beat.

"Hey" he said smiling at me "I got these flowers for you"

I smiled back "Thanks" I said taking them "come on in"

I walked into the kitchen and he followed me. I didn't even know if I had a vase.

"Have you lived here long?" he asked

"No actually, I just moved in last week" I managed to find a vase and added some water for the flowers

"Really?" he said surprised "Where are you from?"

"Toronto, actually" I said

"You're Canadian! I've been there for games mostly in the middle of winter and it's not fun"

I laughed "Yes our winters aren't fun. Are you from here? Or did you get drafted?"

"You know hockey?" I could hear the excitement in his voice

"Yeah, my brother plays" I explained "so I grew up watching him play quite a bit"

"You'll have to come to a game!" he said

I laughed "Okay"

He grinned like an idiot at me and I laughed again. He was so cute.

"What are we doing tonight? And please tell me it involves food, I haven't had time to eat yet so my stomach is definitely going to be growling if I don't eat soon" I asked looking at my watch and saw it was almost 9

He laughed "A girl who eats"

I gave him a confused look "What do you mean? All girls eat"

"My last girlfriend would never eat in front of me" he explained

I widened my eyes "You're joking"

He shook his head "I'm not"

"Well, I love food so I eat, have no fear"

"Perfect, come on lets go. I know a great place not to far from here so we can walk"

"Okay" I said grabbing my purse and keys "How long have you lived in Tampa?"

"My whole life actually. I grew up not too far from here, so I know this area pretty well" he explained

"When did Tampa sign you?" I asked as we walked

"I've been with Tampa for 2 seasons now. I actually first got signed to Arizona when I was 20 and played there for 3 years before getting drafted back here, which I was very happy about"

"That's great and you like all the guys on the team?"

"Yeah they are a pretty good bunch, better then the boys in Arizona for sure" he said "tell me more about you"