Chapter 15

Serilda

There doesn't exist any coincidences. Never had in my life and never will. Want to know why because I make coincidences. I plan it so the other person could say 'What a coincidence", but it's just me planning. There might come some obstacles in my life but there would never be any coincidences because for that I would have to believe in the Almighty God but I didn't. I couldn't believe in someone who had watched in the outskirts while have suffered each and every other moment.

I was bitter towards God but why wouldn't I be. What good had he done to me but just taking away from me and giving me what has been only pain and sadness. Yesterday was a proof that I didn't matter to him.

Erik's sharp tongue and his punishing hands had made me want to cry, to drown myself in alcohol to numb the pain I was feeling. I was hurt because of his words, because of his actions, about how he degraded me, called me a liar saying I was making up what he did with me. I wanted to draw his blood when he had kissed me. I had been the one who had suffered because of that one night not him. He had taken away my innocence so brutally that I had lost myself in the darkness for a day. I had coped up with it, drank the bitter blood. I had continued to be the woman I had been rather than falling down and crying. I could have cried, shouted, screamed and even went to the extreme of killing myself up but I rose up from the ashes and build myself up again. I didn't let myself to be treated as a victim of rape but as the same woman I was every day. Maybe that had been my mistake. I should have let myself drown in the position of victim, maybe then he would have believed me, believed in the sin he had committed.

The pain he had delivered with his sharp words and threat of raping me if I ever accused him of doing the sin he had did, I had used that pain to fuel my anger. The anger that I had harboured against many, against my parents, Erik and his not so lovely Serena. I wanted to hurt Erik ad all those who had wronged me that is why I was here, sitting in my car and following Serena to that part of the city where I had nothing to do and that was wedding planning. I had never even seen this place ever before but here I was stalking my prey. I knew for sure she had once been here, the dress I had worn had come from one of these boutiques. Everywhere I looked there was shops meant for giving you the best experience at your wedding. Shame I couldn't have that at my own.

I looked at my sister as she walked out of the boutique with her new best friend with her, Chyna. She was a beauty with brains, one of the best surgeons in the states. She had similar features to his brother, Nathaniel. They shared the same blue eyes and same ink black hair. She was beautiful.

Did she know what a devious woman her best friend was? Or she was blind just like Nathaniel and all others. My good guess she was. I waited for them to pass by before I stepped out of the car with my clutch in hand. I walked behind them until there as a small distance between us. They were busy chatting about the wedding when I called her.

"Serena," my voice gentle but loud enough to hit both of their ears. Their step came to a halt and they both turned back to look at me. Serena's eyes widen for a moment before they were back to normal as Chyna looked at her with questioning looks. There was a small angelic smile on my lips but it was fake. I had tried to look my best, the same prim and proper beauty that my mother had sculpted me into.

"Serilda," my name was spoken in surprise.

"What a surprise to see you here?" Was it fear or unceratinity I heard in her voice, I couldn't differentiate but whatever it was I was happy with it.

"A big coincidence, isn't it?" I lied.

"How are you doing?" Serena asked.

"I'm doing good, sister," If Chyna wouldn't have been here I would have spat out the last word.