Chapter 33

Erik

The barrel of the Glock pointed at me, forcing my eyes fear like no other. I wanted to laugh at this moment at the irony of what was happening.

What goes around comes around.

The statement was true in all aspects than I had ever thought. This was karma.

Starting past the Glock I saw Aaron standing in a place where I had once been. I was getting pulled back to the moment when I had been the one who had stood with a Glock in my hand as Aaron was bent down on his knees in pain. I had caused the rift between us so big that nothing could have been taken back. It was the changing point in our relationship or the end of it. We we're pushed down to being just business partners and no more.

It was six in the evening and I was wrapping up my work, leaving no ends open so I could join Serena in Manila. She had went ahead as I had a meeting to handle. Hence I had to settle on to meet her there was going to meet her there. Even though it has been more than a year of that sham of a wedding to have taken place but Serena and I were still going strong besides the small hitch where Serena wanted to leave me. I didn't want that. Those were the darkest days of my life in a way. Drinking until I passed out, trying to find Serena in every woman I could get my hands on. I was fucked and begging her to come back. A month of misery and begging had brought her back to me. A month that I didn't much remember of but was thankful to because Serena came back in my life to fill that void which had been left by her.

As I packed my things I felt in need for a drink to calm my nerves. It happened every time when I had to meet Serena someplace new. There was this fear that had settled inside of me that she might not come and leave me again. I was scared to feel empty, to feel that void again. Those thoughts drove me crazy, it made me an insane man. They made me feel helpless but all I had left was faith. Faith in her, faith in me and faith in our love. I opened the packet of pills hidden under a number of files and popped three in my mouth to calm my nerves. I didn't wanted to drive myself crazy until I was beside her.

I had just downed a glass of neat scotch when Aaron came barging in my office and shutting the door closed. He looked pissed in one word and I rolled my eyes at this behaviour of his. Rather than saying anything he just stood there looking pissed as hell while I made another glass for me and one for him too. I placed in front of the table as I gracefully downed mine.

"If you aren't here to say anything I think you should just turn around and walk away," my words were harsh but this was the way we had been since last many years. Precisely ever since the day I married the woman with a cold stone heart.

"How could you?" The words gritted out in anger. I looked up at Aaron and no heat wasn't pissed. It wasn't just that. He was burning in anger and really mad. I seriously didn't had the time for this. I looked at my watch and I knew I had to be out of here within next fifteen minutes or I would miss out my plane and clearance which would make me wait another half an hour making me delay to meet Serena after a weeks gap. She was my hut of cocaine and every time I missed I became frenzy and mad.

"Straight with it, Aaron," I snapped downing another glass of whiskey. My brother was getting on my nerves.

"How dare did you lay your hands upon, Serilda?" The raging voice wasn't that made me mad. It was the name. That fucking name of that cruel woman who had destroyed everything. A different kind of anger raged inside of me. I held the glass with a force too tight that it broke puncturing a wound in my hand making me bleed but that didn't faze the anger in my brother's eyes. He was fucking worried about a woman who had destroyed me and my chance of happiness. He was here for her! Rather than ever being here for me. What kind of brother was he being?