God, she was cuter than a Maltese.

The song 'Suck It and See' by the Arctic Monkeys probably suited Leigh and Ashe the best. Not only was it catchy, but the former could relate to the lyrics more than the latter ever would.

Be cruel to me 'cause I am a fool for you.

That pretty much explained their whole situation. And Ashe was being especially mean when she pulled the shorter onto her lap. Naturally Leigh fought back but she couldn't do much in a vice grip like hers. Not only would she suffocate but the damned pervert would get to touch her chest- even if it was a slight brush of her arm against her bust. The two had already made up, and the only thing left to do was to take out the trash.

And that trash was Irene.

The two decided they'd take her down, but Leigh didn't really know why she was helping her or even wanted to do something mean to her. She didn't know why, and Ashe left her clueless as always.

Ashe hugged Leigh tightly and inhaled deeply, the scent of the glaring (and blushing) brunette flaring through her nostrils. "What shampoo do you use?"

The girl stopped moving and rolled her eyes. "That wasn't stalkerish at all."

"Seriously. You smell like a fucking piña colada and it's amazing." Leigh didn't respond and she looked like she was contemplating something, and that was worrying the star student just a little bit.

"You... you haven't responded to my feelings yet." Her voice would peep in the cutest way Ashe ever heard.

Mm... Leave her thinking. "Because I haven't found out my own feelings."

That shut up the brunette, and this could only make her smile. Did she like her? No, but she was damn growing fond of her. West was right. Leigh was a little girl in a big world and Ashe would protect her.

Then again, how long can you be around a person without any romantic feelings surfacing?

어떡해?

"Where are your parents?" Not that she was genuinely curious. It was just for small talk.

"Probably working overtime, then they'll go on another one of their dates. No one wants to be here."

Her hazel eyes glanced around the room. The apartment wasn't that bad. A wide-screen tv and a PS4 surrounded by what seemed to be expensive paintings? Her parents didn't need to work overtime, but she guessed the latter was true.

For the next hour and a half, they played the question game. Ashe learned that her favorite color was white and her favorite season was fall. She learned her birthday was in August. She learned that those soft-looking lips of hers were virgins. She knew that Leigh hated Persian food and she loved the Arctic Monkeys. She knew that she teared up thrice during the movie adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars. She even noticed the small mole under her left eye and the dimple that appeared when she would laugh or smile. Ashe wasn't interested in knowing her like that, she wanted to know her on a more personal level.

Leigh was hesitant to talk about herself, and this was a behavior Ashe had seen in her own nature. Not that she was a façade or anything, she was just guarded. Really really really well. But it would be selfish to crack her walls without letting her do the same to me. Shit. When did I start caring?

"What's on your mind?" Asked the student, peering up at her with those big brown and curious eyes.

"Nothing. Just how beautiful you are."

The puppy had the grace to blush. "Stop staring... You're making me insecure."

"Stop being breath-taking." Smooth like butter, she thought as a smirk clouded her face.

Then she did that thing she always did when she was nervous or flustered. Spit out gibberish and glance away, eventually resting her teeth atop her lower lip. God, she was cuter than a Maltese. And that was Ashe's favorite breed of dog.

"You remind me of One Direction, sorta."

The elder narrowed her eyes. "How...?"

"You're saying the nicest of things and you're hot-" Leigh stopped herself there and the pink cheeks went red.

A hand covered her mouth to hide her grin and muffle a chuckle. "Leigh Levins, you never cease to amuse me."

The brunette scowled and shuffled off Ashe's lap when she realized the other girl couldn't contain her laughter any longer. Now she was full out cackling.

Leigh stormed off into her room and slammed the door shut behind her. Guess this means I should go apologize to her.

That might have been a little insensitive of her, but she didn't think she'd get too worked up over it. Maybe she was PMS-ing. Still couldn't deny fucking around with her was better than watching Jean and some chick eat each other.

Moreso because she liked Jean. Their relationship wasn't complicated, they weren't friends with benefits. A drunken romp occurred maybe once or six times, but he was her first. He didn't harbor anything for her and Ashe knew she shouldn't have but she did anyways. She could guess it was the same for Leigh, liking a girl and all.

Whipping out her phone, she awkwardly made her way to the locked door.

"Everytime I see your face my heart takes off on a high-speed chase."

Come on out baby.

"Now don't be scared, it's only love, baby, that we're falling in."

That got her to open the door quick, and it just so happened that Ashe was standing too close. Her hand hastily rubbed her nose, and Leigh flashed her an apologetic smile.

"Well? How was my singing?" asked Ashe expectantly.

"You sound like a hippopotamus dying."

"Because even if I was a dying hippopotamus, I would be serenading you." The phone was turned off and shoved into the back pocket of her jeans.

"Bullshit." Rude.

"I'm being realistic here. Your reactions are the cutest."

"So you sang to me so you could mock me?" Smart, rude girl.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ew.

-씹새끼.