Chapter Two

Her small body collides with mine as we hug each other. It's been too long since I've seen her. She pulls away and softly punches my shoulder.

"Don't you ever ghost me like that ever again!" She commands as a single tear rolls down her cheek.

I give her a pitying smile and slightly tilt my head to the side. "I'm sorry Kenzie, I didn't want to," I tell her honestly.

She groans and then sighs, "I know." I hug her again. She pulls away and then smiles at me. She takes me by the elbow and pulls me towards her home.

"Come on, Mason will be excited to see you," she says mockingly. I flick her ear and give her a mothering look.

"Mason and I are just friends and that's all we'll ever be," I say to her.

"You don't know that," she sings. "He's of age now."

I roll my eyes at her wishful thinking. I met Mason and McKenzie years ago. They were both sixteen at the time. It's been four years since then. Mason and McKenzie both became of age, the age where you can find your mate, two years ago, at eighteen. The Meadow twins had just shifted for the first time. They were scared. They had grown up in a human home, with human parents, believing they were also human. Needless to say not only did they find out they were werewolves but also adopted.

Their parents kicked them out when they shifted. They were rouges and were trying to take care of themselves. I wondered upon them in the woods one night, being attacked. A small pack of rouges had spotted them and were cornering them. That was the first time in a century that I had shown my true self to someone. I slaughtered the rouges attacking them and took them back to my hotel with me. They swore to keep my secret. They stayed with me for six months, before I decided it was too dangerous for them to be with me.

In those six months, we all became very close. Mason kissed me one night and I kissed him back. I couldn't deny I had feelings for him but I couldn't do that to his future mate. I pushed him away and then explained it to him. He reluctantly agreed with me. I found the Blood Moon Pack and took the twins to the outside of the territory. I knew they would become members.

I'm shaken out of my memories as McKenzie calls my name.

"Annie, are you okay?" She laughs a little.

"Oh uh yeah," I laugh back. I soon realize we're on the front porch of her home. I can smell her's and her brother's scents. They're very heavy here. Just as she reaches to open the door, the door opens to reveal a much older Mason.

I take my time to take him in. He's taller than the last time I saw him. Definitely a lot more muscular and he has stubble lining his jaw. His blue eyes widen as he realizes who I am.

"Annie?" He ask, with doubt and hope.

"Hey Mase," I smile at him.

He wastes no time in engulfing me in a hug. I hug him back and McKenzie whistles. I roll my eyes and Mason does the same. We pull away and I glare at her.

"What took you so long?" He asks, a small amount of hurt laces his words.

I frown slightly as I look between the twins. "I couldn't risk it. This is a risk being here now," I push a piece of fallen hair back into my ball cap.

Mason pulls my cap off and throws it to the side. My braid falls down, slapping my back. "I like your hair down," he shrugs when I glare at him.

I roll my eyes and then look at him. "So are you guys going to leave me standing out here all day or?"

"Shit, sorry Ann," Mason laughs and grabs my bag. He steps aside so that I can walk in. I walk inside and the two follow me in.

"There's a spare room next to mine that you can use for your stay," Kenzie says with excitement. I laugh at her giddiness and follow her down the hallway.