Chapter Fifteen

Xander's POV

It's been two weeks and I've found nothing. Two horrible weeks. Mason and McKenzie have told me everything they know about ten times. I have to be missing something. No one is ever that careful. I grip at my hair as I look over all my information again. I mind link my beta to bring me the twins again.

It doesn't take long before they're knocking at the door. "Come in," I say gruffly. McKenzie walks in and it looks like she's been crying. Mason walks in after her, this empty look on his face. I stand up and walk over to McKenzie. "What's wrong? What happened?" I ask, worried.

"Alpha, I know we haven't told you this and we probably should have," Mason starts and my head whips to him. They've been withholding information from me. "Please Alpha, don't be mad. We didn't think it was important. Ever since Annie was taken, McKenzie has been having the dreams. Dreams that are as if she was with Annie. I thought it was just her own subconscious until about an hour ago."

Kenzie starts crying harder and Mason hugs her. "Why? Explain," I say shortly.

"I saw her," Kenzie sniffles, "I felt her, Xander. He's torturing her." Kenzie lifts her shirt and theirs a faint red mark starting at her hip and moving all the way across her stomach. "It hurt horribly. So I know it looks worse on Annie. Xander, we have to find her. Now. Or she may die," Kenzie says desperately.

My blood runs cold and my anger peaks. "I'm trying," I growl loudly. The two of them shrink and step away.

"I know, Xander, I'm sorry," she says and that's when I notice something. I walk over to her and grasp the chain around her neck. This was Annie's.

"Where did you get this?" I ask and pull it over her head.

"Annie gave it to me before she left with that man," Kenzie says softly.

"And you didn't think to mention it?" I growl and walk over to my desk.

"We didn't think it was important," Mason speaks for her.

"I don't care what you think is important. I told you both I wanted every detail. Do you know what this stone is? Did she say anything when she gave it to you?" I ask as I analyze the stone. I know what it is, I just want to hear what she told them.

"She only said 'as long as you have this, I will always be with you or you can always find me' something like that," Kenzie says, her eyebrows scrunched as she tries to remember.

"Do you have any idea what this stone is?" I ask them cooly. The two of them look at each other and then back to me, shrugging their shoulders.

"It's an ancient moonstone, well a piece of it anyway," I explain, "it has extreme magical properties, one of them being locating."

They both look at me, waiting for me to continue. I roll my eyes and walk over to the bookshelves lining the wall of my office. I search through them until I come across a map of the general area. I pull it out and then lay it on my desk, unrolling it and spreading it out. The twins walk over to see what I'm doing. "Get me something of hers. Like a hairbrush or something," I say to them, not once looking away from the map. Kenzie leaves immediately and is back within ten minutes. She hands me Annie's hairbrush and her ball cap.

I pull some of her hair out of the brush and wrap it around the stone. Then I take her ball cap and wrap it around the chain of the necklace. McKenzie goes to say something and I glare at her, making her decide otherwise. I move my hand to dangle to the necklace over the map. I move my hand so that the necklace starts to spin in a circle. I close my eyes and start to think of Annie, drowning out everything else. I think of the small, fleeting moments I had with her. Thinking about them makes me smile a little. As I was thinking about her, the necklace stopped on an area in the middle of the woods. I open my eyes and look down at it. It's not an exact location but it should be within a twenty-mile radius. I quickly grab a pen and draw a circle around the area.

I turn to the twins and grin. "I found her," I say excitedly. They both look at me with hopeful expressions.

Now it's time to plan her rescue.

*****

Super short, I know. I wanted to give you something from Xander's point of view but also didn't want to give too much away.

Did you think about the moonstone? Do you think they'll be able to rescue Annie? If they do, do you think Annie will stay?

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

Spidey