Epilogue

5 years later

Xander and I decided we needed to take a family day, a break to just focus on us. We slipped away early in the morning and went to a meadow deep in the territory. We shouldn't be bothered here. I lay out a blanket and put the basket that I prepared for lunch down on it. Xander and I came here quite often after we got married. It was serene, quiet and peaceful.

I sit down next to him on the blanket and he quickly places his hand on my cheek and kisses me. "I love you," he says before pecking my lips once more. "I love you too."

"Daddy daddy!" Amelia says as she comes running over. She's a daddy's girl. Xander opens his arms and she jumps into them. "What's wrong, flower?" he asks her.

"Daddy, Xavier is chasing me," she screams as she sees her older brother running towards them. Before he can reach them, I reach out and snatch him in my arms.

"Uh oh! The mommy monster got you," I laugh as I start to tickle him. His giggles fill the meadow and I laugh with him. Amelia cheers me on and then I snatch her, doing the same to her. Soon Xander joins and begins tickling all of us.

I shriek and try to get away. I free my babies from him and they take off running to the apple tree. Xander chuckles and pulls me to him, holding me. "You see those two pups," he says as he looks over at our children. "Yeah?" I ask as I look at him. "Thank you."

I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Thank you for giving me the most beautiful family and filling my life with so much love and joy," he says and pushes some hair out of my face. I lean up and kiss him.

"Thank you for giving me the same thing."