30; Too fragile to break so effortlessly

CHAPTER 30

-

"I came to talk to you as your son."

Jimin stated, rubbing his thumb against the skin of the other hand as they were interwined together while sitting on the large sofa in his dad's office. He catches his bottom lip, chewing it roughly.

Mr. Park shifted his gaze from the paperwork he had been reading, now giving his whole attention to his son. He was totally oblivious of Jimin's nervousness but he could senses how serious he seemed at that moment.

"Say it,"

Jimin gulped down his throat harshly, he couldn't bring it to the tip of his tongue but he had to someday, so if not today, maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow. He had to face his father regrading this situation so it was better to do it as soon as possible.

"You have to promise me something," He said, staring at his father with pleading eyes. He hoped his father would understand him and support him.

His dad tilted his head, narrowing his eyes at the younger male, "Did you do something you shouldn't have?" Mr. Park sat straight now. He grew worried about it now.

Jimin sighed, rubbing his sweaty palms against his well tailored pants. He felt the need to roll his eyes right in front of his father. How can he think I'll only talk to him if I am in some kind of trouble, Jimin thought.

"Tell me, I don't have the whole day for this conversation, Jimin. I have a meeting scheduled later," Mr. Park commanded him to speak whatever Jimin had in mind. He wanted him to be honest with him, he wanted his son to come clear to him.

Though he tried to show he was just too busy to be listening his story but in reality he was dying to know what the matter really was. He liked when Jimin talked start instead of beating around the bush.

"I like someone," Jimin paused, "No, I really really like someone, Dad," He said, smiling big while thinking about the girl he loved dearly. She makes him experience a strange ecstasy even when she is not around him.

Nibbling on his thick bottom lip, he couldn't stop grinning. On the other side, his heart was ready to pop out of his chest anytime soon. He felt the need to throw up while confessing in front of his father, he was scared that he might scold or be against his love for the girl.

"And I just want her to invite over for dinner at home so she can meet you and mom. You know maybe you guys can see how she -" Jimin stopped speaking when he saw his father sighing deeply. Now he felt like digging a pit into the ground and bury himself, he thought his father was going to be mad at him.

Mr. Park put the paper he had been holding, down on the table. He fixed his glasses on the bridge of his nose, eyeing Jimin.

"You love her?" He raised his brow at him, challenging him to be honest with him. He felt that Jimin doesn't just like her but felt more for her than just mere liking. But he wanted to hear it from his mouth. And that's what he got,

"I- yes I do," Jimin answered. He loves her, Mr. Park thought, sighing out deeply.

He got up from the sofa, fixing his expensive blazer as he undo the one button that was done. He stared at Jimin for a few seconds as if was seeing right through him, reading him. If he had any more untold secrets.

"Dad, I really do love her. I am not play-"

"Bring her home for dinner," Mr. Park suddenly said, turning around to walk towards his huge desk.