Chapter 10

WARNING: Involves mild violence. Please notify me if I should change the rating of this fic.

The Weasleys and Hermione exchanged greetings with Harry and the Marauders. Courtesy was not to be forgotten amidst their desperation to catch Peter. Scabbers in his cage finally caught their eyes as Ron laid him on the coffee table in the hall. James, Sirius and Remus stood in front of the cage with identical maniacal looks on their faces. Scabbers squeaked in the cage, his fright evident.

"Hello Peter," they said together, grins on their lips but murderous glints on their eyes.

They opened the cage, and as the rat tried to run away, they turned it back to its' human form of Peter Pettrigrew with a wave of their wands.

The Weasleys, Harry and Hermione gasped as the three Marauders stood in Peter's way of escaping.

"You filthy, rotten, man. You've been living in my house for almost twelve years when you've belonged in Azkaban," said Molly disgustedly.

"If you'll all would excuse us for a few minutes, we have a few things to catch up on as old friends. Don't we, Peter?" said Sirius as he and his two bestfriends laid a hand each on Peter.

Peter looked pale with fright as James, Sirius and Remus apparated away with him. The Marauders apparated into a guest room upstairs.

"James," Peter tried to appeal, but James gave Peter a hard slap which swung him all the way towards Sirius.

"Sirius," but Sirius gave Peter a hard slap too which swung him all the way towards Remus.

"Remus," Peter got a third hard slap, courtesy of Remus which landed him on the floor.

All three of them had their wands pointed at his pathetic, pitiful figure on the floor.

"You sneaky, conniving rat," said James through gritted teeth.

"James, Sirius, Remus, I had no choice. You know what 'you know who' is like. It was either tell him or be killed," said Sirius.

"A decent human being would have chosen death over betraying their friends to death," Sirius snarled.

"I TRUSTED YOU. BUT NOW LILY'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU," said James, enraged.

"JAMES AND I SPENT ALMOST TWELVE YEARS IN PRISON BECAUSE OF YOU," Sirius yelled.

"MY SON SPENT ALMOST TWELVE YEARS IN AN ABUSIVE HOME BECAUSE OF YOU," said James, still burning with anger.

"In all fairness, you both being in Azkaban and Harry being raised by the Dursleys were Dumbledore's faults," said Peter timidly.

James knew Peter had a point there, but he wasn't going to admit it. He was not letting Peter off the hook on technicality.

"It's not just your betrayal, Peter. You killed twelve muggles to save your own skin when you were confronted by Aurors," said Remus firmly.

"You selfish bastard. Your own skin meant more to you than the lives of your friends and innocent strangers," said James.

"Enough chit chat. I spent almost twelve years in Azkaban and I want my revenge RIGHT NOW. Let's kill the rat," said Sirius.

"Nooo. Please have mercy. I didn't mean to. I was scared. Please," Peter lay at Sirius' feet, begging.

"GET OFF ME," Sirius yelled, yanking his legs free.

"On the count of three," Sirius and Remus raised their wands. "One ..."

"Sirius, Remus, stop," said James.