- Chapter 2 -

Song of the chapter- "Out Of Town Girl" by Justin Bieber
I actually like this song for a HUGE portion of the story. Like, honestly, listen to it. It's perfect.

*Oh, and when I say Juliet looks like Gage Golightly, I mean the way she looks in Teen Wolf. Like exactly. I feel like her character on the show, Erica, is the perfect Juliet. Like, it's exactly what I see her as. 

__________

● Juliet Saunders ●

After more than two years of working hard, I was there. I was finally at the weight I wanted to be at. I'd been eating right, exercising like crazy, and going to a support group that helped to keep me going.

In March of two thousand and twelve, my dad announced that we would be moving back during the third week. When he told me, I was extremely excited. People would finally look at me like a normal human being, rather than some horrid savage that was created by two of the most repulsive people on the planet.

I had a feeling that people wouldn't recognize me. Truthfully, it made sense though. I wore makeup now, my hair was much longer and it was an ashy shade of blond since I'd been out in the Florida sun almost everyday. My skin didn't see the effects, though. It never really burned unless I went to a tanning bed, which I hadn't done in a while. "You got that porcelain skin from your mother." My mom said, referring to my birth mother, of course.

Now, you are probably wondering what actually happened to my real parents. At first, I didn't want to know. I figured I was just an accident and my mom had me when she was sixteen or something. It wasn't like that at all, actually. It was much more awful than that.

After we moved to Miami, I finally asked Mom and Dad. I thought I could handle it. I really did.

The real story is that when my mom was around eight months pregnant, both my mom and my dad were driving home from somewhere and they got into a car accident. My dad was killed almost instantly due to impact from the large semi truck that hit the driver's side of the car when they were taking a turn. As for my mom, she died slowly and undoubtedly painfully. Luckily, they were able to get her to the hospital in time to perform a Cesarian section on her dead body.

Briefly, I was born from a cold, lifeless body. If that's not gruesome and life-scarring, I don't know what is.

After they told me, I didn't say a word. What could I have said?

Maybe "Oh, that sucks," or maybe even "Wow, I'm lucky to be alive." But no. Why would I say anything like that? That's terrible. There wasn't anything to say about it. I never talked about it again.

So, here I stand today. A senior in high school. I'm back home in San Antonio, looking at myself in front of the full length mirror that stood in my brand new bedroom.

Since we sold our old house, we moved into a different one. A much bigger one, at that. See, my dad had been promoted for going to Miami. He had been climbing up the ladder ever since the move. Now, we had more money and we lived in the nicest part of town where all of the houses were spaced out on the road. Front yards and backyards seemed to go on for miles, long driveways with flowers perfectly planted up the sides, and pools in every single backyard. It was kind of over the top for me, but I liked that I had a bigger room. I wasn't going to complain.

I checked myself out in the mirror, admiring how far I've come in these past two years. I couldn't deny the fact that I liked the way I looked now. I loved the way I looked. My long, ashy blond hair was in big, loose curls that cascaded down to the middle portion of my back. My dark brown eyes were framed with a gray smokey eye and black mascara. My skin was still light, but unlike other teenage girls these days who seem to be influenced by the cast of Jersey Shore, I liked my skin. It was clear and I took care of it well. Plus, according to Mom, it was the only thing I had left of my real mother. I wasn't going to ruin it. As for my lips, I used a soft nude lip gloss to contradict my eye makeup.