- Chapter 4 -

Songs of the chapter-
Unbroken by Demi Lovato
See You Again
by Miley Cyrus
Who's That Boy
by Demi Lovato featuring Dev
(oh my god, I love that song)

I know there are a lot, but I couldn't find one that was EXACTLY what I wanted for this chapter, so I just used a bunch of them. I think out of all of them, Unbroken fits with this chapter the best, but you know. I like variety. :-)

__________

● Juliet Saunders ●

Walking through the cafeteria with Whitney by my side gave me a different kind of power that I'd never had before. When I used to walk next to her anywhere, they would all look at her and just ignore me. Now, I noticed eyes on both of us. Mostly on me, though, since I was new.

"It's kind of nice not having these boys watch my every move now." She stated quietly into my ear as we continuously walked. I laughed and she did too.

It was obvious to me that she was just as "popular" as she was when I left, if not more. Lots of guys seemed to have taken a shine to her, though she would just brush them off. Not in a mean way, but she would just walk by carelessly when guys were staring or making any comments.

She was dressed just like me, in a way. Only she wore white short-shorts, a turquoise tank top with sequins, and gold strappy heels.

Okay, so our outfits looked nothing alike. But we both had the same idea in mind with our outfits, and that was to show ourselves off.

Whitney and I compared schedules during English, and she was in every class with me other than homeroom. That was good to know I had someone to talk to in all of my classes that wouldn't be staring at me in a lustful way. She was well aware of the fact that all of the guys here wanted me and she could relate to that. She had the same problem.

It didn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, though.

We sat down at the picnic style lunch table, being the only two there. I looked over at her, crinkling my forehead.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

She opened her water bottle and took a drink, shrugging barely. "They're coming. Actually," She began, looking across the room. "here they come."

I looked up, seeing all familiar faces. Kyle, my other old best friend who looked exactly the same, and to my surprise, Alex, Robert, and Austin.

Were they all close now or something? When I left, Alex and Robert hated Whitney. They thought she was no good for Austin, and that she was turning him into something he wasn't. I guess that's partially true, but it's not like Whitney forced him to be different. As my dad always says, "it takes two to tango."

"Wait, you and Austin are still-"

"No!" She laughed, answering almost too quickly for my liking. "Absolutely not. I broke up with him about a month after you left. Actually, I caught him and Kyle making out in my bathroom at a pool party I was having. Broke it off immediately."

I nodded slowly, somewhat shocked by her words. It wouldn't have surprised me if he was hooking up with someone else, but Whitney's best friend? That's a new low- even for Austin.

"I guess we're kind of friends though. I mean, it's kind of a love-hate relationship, you know? And Kyle and I are fine. She's still my best friend. He actually tricked her into thinking Austin and I were over because when it happened, we were kind of going through a rough patch. And being as gullible as she is, Kyle believed him." She added.