Preview

-"Wuji-."

He raised his hand and silence her immediately, his gaze never breaking away from Li Mao as he walked forward. "I don't understand."

Li Mao shrugged, lifting the wine cup to his lips and taking another sip as he sat down and lifted a leg to rest against the stool in front of him. "What is there not to understand...it was a simple question cousin."

Blood rushed to Wuji's face as his jaw tightened and he forced the words form his mouth. "Well repeat it."

-"Wuji please-."

His head turned to glare at her crumbling figure. "You...shut up."

The eighteenth prince clicked his tongue in disapproval. "You shouldn't speak to your wife that way cousin...she pregnant after all. Who knows, maybe this child might really be yours."

Zhen-Ting screamed. "All of the children are his! You don't know what you're talking about."

It took all of his self-control not to storm up to her and strike her across the face, or Li Mao, or anyone. "I said for you to stop speaking," He turned back to Li Mao. "And you still haven't repeated yourself."

Li Mao set down the cup and refilled it with more wine, the smell filling the room and making Wuji want to vomit. "I asked you if it wouldn't bother you if I made Ah-Zhen my concubine...she's the mother of my children anyways isn't she? Or maybe they're yours, who knows...right ZJen-Ting?"

From the corner of his eye, he could see her shaking her head repeatedly, her hands trembling as tears began to stream down her paled cheeks. "They're not his...they're yours Wuji. The children are yours."

Her whispers echoed in his head as he looked above her. He couldn't bear to stare her in the eye. "Ni...you. You slept with him? You betrayed me with him?"

-"Now Wuji...I wouldn't make it sound that bad. We simply came to a mutual conclusion, that's it."

Zhen-Ting lunged forward, falling on her knees as she reached out and grabbed Wuji's wrist. And for once, for the first time since he had known her...since he had fallen for her, he saw her weak.

-"I didn't want to...please Wuji. I would never do that to you...he forced me, he said that he-."

Li Wuji saw red. "He what?"

She froze, realizing the severity in her words before choosing to continue. "He...he forced me. Please Wuji, believe me-."

The next moments were almost a blur. He could remember yanking himself from her grasp, he remembered pulling out his sword, rushing for the sitting prince with a need for blood.

And he remembered when she grasped at his legs to keep him from moving. Wuji stopped, and Li Mao chuckled. "I don't think she wants you to kill me Wuji...what, is she thinking for the father of her children now?"

Li Wuji turned around and looked down at her, finally staring into her reddened eyes as she shook her head again. "Don't do this...you'll die if you do."

He inhaled in disbelief. "Are you defending him?"

Zhen-Ting's eyes widened. "Mei you...I'm thinking about you."

-"Sure she is? I mean, it is treason to kill the son of the blessed Wansui, and she is the mother of his children-."

-"SHUT UP!!" The shriek left her body before she could control it, and an eerie silence followed.

Wuji stumbled backwards, and Huazhi dropped fully to the ground in sobs. "You're protecting him aren't you?"

She choked over her words and couldn't speak, he only nodded. "Fine....be his concubine. I don't need a whore for a wife anyways...it's not as if we had any children together anyways, right?"

He dropped his sword, and stumbled away, not hearing her pleas as she whispered, "They're yours."

-"WUJI!!!"

Not even when she cried out his name.

-

-

So....it's been a while hasn't it?

Well, hehe, I'm back. And how about we get this story moving again, it's been dormant long enough.

Enjoy! Vote! Comment, ETC!!