Preview

-Zhen-Ting-

She stared at the two bowls of water before her, watching the drops of blood in each as they seemed to be mocking her loudly.

As if blood could laugh at her.

Please, please, please...

"Ma-ma...Ma-ma."

Zhen-Ting looked up at the two one-year-olds as they stared back at her wide-eyed. She frowned. They had to be his, there couldn't be any doubt about it. They had his eyes, his ears, even that bizarre birthmark on the right side of their necks were the same as his.

It had to be.

Please, please, please...

She inhaled deeply, a slightly shaking hand reaching out to pick up the pin in front of her before she turned to her children again.

Min or Huazhi? Either or she would get the answer she desperately needed...maybe not the answer she wanted.

Min.

Leaning towards her son, Zhen-Ting plastered a smile on her face as she gently grasped his hand.

Gently. She hadn't understood that concept in years, not since her mother had died. And now she found herself a mother...

She didn't deserve to be one.

Min began to wail as the pin pricked his thumb, drops of deep red welling up at the sight before dripping into the bowl silently.

Zhen-Ting closed her eyes as she shifted his thumb to the next bowl, not wanting to watch what the results would be...not just yet.

Please...please...

She opened her eyes slowly, vision already blurred with tears. Blinking them away, Zhen-Ting did what she knew she had to do.

She looked down.

Min's drop of blood had pushed away from the drop already there, then it formed bubbles, splitting from each other into weird shapes as it refused to mix with the drop.

In the second bowl?

Both drops had already blended, a larger circle of red in the otherwise clear porcelain.

They were Wuji's, both Min and Huazhi were Wuji's children...

And then she sobbed.

-

Another preview hehe.

Jinxout <3