Under the shades, we rest

Chapter summary: Anakin is left wondering on what to do. Ahsoka feels guilty. Obi-Wan feels lost and in denial. Ventress is just there for the ride.

His Master is still missing. It's been 4 days since he ran away and there was still no news concerning his whereabouts.

He was called back to the temple, much to Anakin's disappointment. How can he think to rest when his Master is out there with the whole galaxy hunting him down.

Yet here I am, Anakin thought guilty. He decides that if he's going to stay at the temple, he might as well spend some time with his wife.

Yeah, he spent the night with Padme. He was stress and needed her loving comfort. He was so exhausted last night that all he did was rest in Padme's embrace as she carded her delicate fingers through his hair.

"Can't you access you bond with him? You always tell me how deep your bond is with Obi-Wan." His wife, Padme, asks as she bit her lips in concern.

She looked out of the balcony of the apartment, concern pooled in her eyes. After all, Obi-Wan was one of the Jedi who helped to protect her against the Trade Federation.

"You think I didn't try? I can barely feel it's existence, only a shadow of what it once was." Anakin grumbles sleepily.

Looking thoughtful at Anakin, Padme walked forwards holding his hand.

"We'll find him Ani. Has the Jedi Council taken any steps?"

"Yes but not anything effective." The frustration he felt finally reached its boiling point.

Maybe the chancellor will be able to do something? Palpatine always looked out for Anakin, even as a child.

Giving his wife a heartfelt goodbye, Anakin left the senators complex apartment. He thoughts left him feeling anxious when he arrived at the temple. Jedi Temple has always been his home since he was nine years old. But the feeling of contentment and home seem to be taken away. Just like Obi-Wan.

The nightmares tormenting him didn't help the case either. He was actually relieved when Yoda agreed to speak with him. Which is where his predicament is right now.

Standing in front of Master Yoda's quarters, he knocked and waited patiently.

"Come in Skywalker. Expecting you, I have."

Anakin sweep in the room taking a seat. Master Yoda was already meditating.

"Questions, I sense. Ask and answers will be given."

"What happened to Obi-Wan that would make him run away. Wouldn't he want to come back? What pushed him to run away."

Opening one of his eyes, Yoda spoke, "A complicated history, your Master has. Yes, fear of abandonment plagued him as a padawan, it did."

Anakin could feel his eyebrows furrow at the remark, "What history? I thought Obi-Wan is the most idea Jedi in the Order."

Master Yoda shook his head, "Focus on the past, we do not. Concern yourself, you should not. Recapture Obi-Wan before the sith, yes we will."

The rest of the meeting was as useless as he expected.

Fear of abandonment? Are we talking about the same Obi-Wan?

He was left in the hanger brooding on what that could possibly mean.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan seem like a close pair, he mulled over.

The hallway droid could use a rewiring and upgrade. Why have a droid do one task when it could do more. Like R2.

Besides, there was no Obi-Wan to stop him.