Chapter Four

The girl had dark brown hair, blue eyes and a kind yet malicious stare as she looked around Genevieve's house.

Genevieve stared at Tyler with a forced smile, just as confused as me and even a little aggravated.

Tyler seemed to think about his choice in bringing a girl over uninvited as she glared daggers at him.

"Hi," Genevieve forced cheerfully.

"Hi, I'm Natalie," the girl responded just as happily.

Tyler glanced at me but then averted his eyes as he led the girl in, hesitating a bit as Genevieve chuckled.

"Hi Natalie, what brings you over here," Genevieve asked, amused as she reluctantly stepped out of the way.

Seeming to catch the unwelcoming tone in Genevieve voice, Natalie shifted on her feet, not seeming intimated at all.

"Oh, well Tyler invited me, I hope I'm not intruding," she smirked.

"Just a lit–"

"Genevieve, can I... speak to you for a second," Tyler mumbled.

"Oh sure, I'd love that."

I stared at the two as they walked by, grinning as Genevieve glanced at me with an unreadable expression.

Tyler knows not to bring people we don't know to our houses when it's just supposed to be us.

But I don't have to worry about telling him that with it being Genevieve's house; she's visibly upset and will always be blunt.

Natalie's attention was on me now as she walked further into the living room.

"So, you must be the best friend I've heard so much about," she soothed confidently.

Restraining myself from frowning, I smiled.

"Yea, he's told you a lot about me?"

"Oh, he won't hush about you," she grinned.

"Really," I asked, a bit surprised.

...

Tyler |

"Before you go off on me–"

"Why is she here," Gen asked seriously, glaring me in my eyes.

"I thought it would be fin–"

"Yes, see that's where you were mistaken. You should've told me someone else would be coming... or at least asked me beforehand."

"Hey what's up... guys..."

Ellie walked in and stopped at the sight of Natalie.

"Oh great, and here comes the one that's going to stir up the pot even more. Look, I'm trying not to overreact, and I'm no kvetch, but I told my parents I'd only have my friends over; they've never met her. If they come and see her, they're going to ask who she is, and I don't lie. She better not ruin this... I can barely have you guys here without promising pretty much all of my free time to cleaning the house. If you haven't noticed, my parents are kind of strict."

"I'm sorry... I understand, but I'm almost certain she won't mess this up for us," I whispered softly.

She glanced over at Ellie as he shut the door and rolled her eyes when she looked back to see me smile at her.

"Fine, you better be right."

She walked away to leave me standing there.

"Alright, well since everyone is here, we can go ahead and go downstairs to the basement, I have food for everyone."