Chapter Twenty One

Tyler |

Gazing further beyond the lake and onto the setting sun, I watched as its fiery radiance painted tinges of deep mars red and golden orange across the sky.

I could sense the fleeting warmth upon my skin as a gentle breeze brushed past my unclad legs and arms.

A cheer of joy near my side, whose tone held a familiar sound, grabbed my attention as Greyson wiggled with glee—his eyes so bright as he strode along with me.

His wet hair stuck to his face the way that my eyes were glued to his alluring, curling lips, his florid cheeks so prominent and so reflective of the fun that the day had brought him, the fun that seemed to linger heavily on his mind.

The setting sun gave his glistening skin an entrancing glow, the jubilance plastered on his face bringing a grin to my lips.

"Fun day huh," Gen asked suddenly, seeming to appear out of nowhere.

Along with Ellie who treaded beside her, I knew that she was there but seemed to only acknowledge her only after I was able to stop focusing on Greyson as much.

With her hands clutched behind her back, she stepped lightly with content written all over her supple face.

"Yea, it was amazing," Greyson chuckled happily, his soft features briefly hinting of his thoughts seconds later.

"I hope you enjoyed your day too," he added calmly.

Genevieve nodded and glanced at all of us before she sighed with satisfaction.

"I loved today," she breathed with a hint of exhaustion. "I got to hang out with my friends and play great games. It didn't rain... no one got hurt and ruined the mood," she continued with a brief laugh. "And best of all, Natalie didn't stick her little poisonous frog legs onto anything."

"Where was she anyway," Greyson whispered curiously.

"I saw her in the bleachers at the football game... and then at the tennis game also. But she kept her distance," Ellie chimed in, finally adding to the conversation.

"Well good, hopefully with whatever we do tomorrow, she stays away then," Genevieve sang happily.

"So... what are the plans now," I asked, not wanting our time together to end.

Relief came over me as Genevieve seemed to get visibly elated at her own quick thoughts.

"I was hoping... for tonight we could all have like a little night together, just us by a fire with s'mores to end this fantastic day," Genevieve retorted dramatically.

"Anything for the birthday girl," I responded.

"Yea, sounds fun," Greyson simply added as Ellie simply nodded with a smile.

We parted ways to go to our respective cabins after deciding when we would meet up.

Carelessly ambling beside me, Greyson seemed to be more mellowed with a grin that seemingly  wasn't going away anytime soon.

"You looked good out there today," I whispered, nudging his shoulder.

He shined his sparkling eyes on me and nodded.