Chapter 16

I watched as the arrow flew from the crossbow and hit my target. The Lost Boys cheered at my victory, as well as I. There were a few new Lost Boys who clearly needed someone to tell them that even if I'm a girl, I'm still better than them. The greenies, as I'd like to call them, were filled with awe and respect.

Then I saw at the corner of my eye, Peter perched on top of a tree. Then in the blink of an eye, he appeared right beside me. If I wasn't expecting him to do that, I would've shot him or hit him.

"Good shot," Peter commented.

"Thanks."

"Come on over to the treehouse. There's something we need to talk about."

"Okay," I nodded.

I threw the crossbow over at Emory who caught it. He was alright now. Even though he'll never move on from his friend, at least I know that he's alright.

Peter and I ended up at his treehouse. I still have no clue about his newest deal, so perhaps this might be it. We haven't done another deal since that traveler almost a week ago.

"What do you need to talk about?" I asked him.

"We have another deal in the Enchanted Forest."

"Okay, so where's the sack?"

"We have to give it in a classier style than that," Peter smirked. He pulled out a wooden box and inside it were a bunch of potions.

"It's for a King in the Kingdom of Vale. I was able to get an invitation for the ball that the traveler was talking about. I'm taking you with me."

I stopped in my tracks. "We're going to a ball?"

"Yes. This invitation is for me and my plus one. You are my plus one."

I couldn't believe it. I've never been to a ball before. I never even thought that I'd ever go to one. But then the smile on my face turned into a frown.

"I don't know how to act on a ball!" I panicked. "I don't know the proper etiquette! I'll probably make a fool of myself. I also have nothing to wear!"

"Don't worry about that." Peter held my shoulders and tried to calm me down.

"Why not?"

"Liya will help you. She'll take care of everything. She will teach you everything that you need to know. Trust me on that."

"Okay," I nodded. "Okay."

"Good. Come on, we'll go to the Pixie Caves where Liya and the other pixies will take care of you."

Peter held my shoulder and we were now in front of the Pixie Caves. We went inside the cave until we were both greeted by Liya. Her ginger hair was fixed in pigtails and she was wearing a yellow dress. She greeted the both of us with the same cheery personality as always.

"What do you need me for?"

"We can't discuss this out here. Can we go to your house?" Peter asked.

"Sure. You might feel a little sick though," she warned me.

"What's going to happen?" I asked as I darted my head between the two of them.

"We're going small so that we could head to her house," Peter explained.

"That small?" I pointed at Liya and they both nodded. I've been transported from different realms and different places, but I have not yet been turned into as small as a freaking butterfly.

"Don't worry. There's tea that you can drink for you to feel better again. All pixies have it when we have to take a human to our home." Liya explained. I knew that I should feel a little better with what Liya said but I still can't help but feel nervous.