[11]

ii

ii. Video Games

Lydia and Gwen laid on the bench in the station fast asleep, both waking up at the sound of a door opening.

"I thought I told both of you to go home." Sheriff told Lydia and Gwen. "I thought I told you I wasn't going anywhere."

"And do you really think I'm going to sit around at home specifically alone with a 'Hey i'm worth 50 million dollars if you kill me' sign on my back." Gwen smirked looking up at her dad.

"Point taken." He winced. "Did they get anything out of her?"

"Should have gone with the medium."

Parrish walked up to them and sighed, "We looked in everything in Brunski's office and so far everything amounts to pretty much nothing. Did you not go home yet?" He asked Lydia.

"Not until Meredith starts talking."

"Lydia, I promise she'll talk and when she does I'll let you know. Trust me on this. Everybody talks eventually."

"Sir, she actually is saying one thing." Parrish said slowly. All three looked up at him. "It's about Gwen."

"Let us talk to her." Lydia said pointing to her and Gwen.

__

"I think I'm getting an idea of how all this happened. You used Brunski, right? You knew he killed people, and that he would do it again." Lydia started, her pale skin flushing.

She looked back at Parrish, Gwen, and Sheriff Stilinski who were all sitting on the desk. Lydia sat down next to Meredith. "He used my grandmother's code for the dead pool. He put it online. He took the money from the Hale Vault, then turned the bearer bonds into cash. He made the payments."

Meredith gulped a little and then eyed Gwen making her nervous. "Was it Brunski's idea to fake your death? Did he get nervous because you helped us with one of the cipher keys?"

"I wanted to help. I wanted to help her." Meredith said pointing at Gwen. "She's a seer."

"Meredith.. why was Gwen's name marked out on the list?" Lydia asked hesitantly. "Because she's going to die. I'm just trying to help."

Gwen's chest tightened making her body feel numb.

"All you ever wanted to do was help." Lydia said tears welling up in her eyes making the other Banshee nod.

"Is that why you're here? I know you wouldn't want to be here if you didn't want to talk."

"I do." She eyed Gwen, "But only to one person."

"Who?" Lydia asked. "Peter Hale."

__

Meredith sat in the room while Gwen, Parrish, Lydia, and the Sheriff were all on the outside. Peter stood beside Gwen and sighed, "Her? That's the girl that stole my money?"