[22]

ii

ii. Lost and Found

Someone shook Gwen as she woke up, "Gwen! Wake up!"

She gasped waking up. "Was it real?" Scott grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her back. "No. It wasn't real. I've got you."

Gwen's shaky hands wrapped around Scott's tan neck. "Where are Liam and Hayden?" She asked noticing Mason, Malia, and Lydia in front of her except them two.

"They're gone." Lydia said

__

The next day Theo, Malia, Stiles, and Gwen stood in the living room and watched Scott barge in through the door. "Hey, Scott." Theo said.

"Is Kira okay?" Gwen asked getting no answer from him. He walked past them going up the stairs in a weird manner, "Scott?"

The four ran upstairs to see Scott's claws in the back of Corey's neck.

"Don't get too close." Lydia warned them. They noticed as Corey's face crinkled up at the flood of memories. "What is he doing?" Theo asked from behind Gwen.

"Tapping into Corey's memories. It's usually something only Alphas do." Gwen explained looking back behind her shoulder.

"Is it as dangerous as it looks?" He asked and Stiles spoke, "Probably more."

"Does anyone know if it's working?" Mason asked.

Suddenly Scott's claws came out of Corey's neck and they both stumbled. "Is he okay?" Scott asked worried.

"What the hell did you do to me?" Corey asked holding the back of his neck. "You'll be alright." Gwen explained.

"There's blood." Corey said looking down at his finger tips and Scott groaned, "You'll heal."

"Scott-"

"He'll be fine!" Scott yelled. "Listen, I think it worked. I saw something. There were tunnels. Pipes along the walls. There were these huge blue pipes at the entrance. Two on both sides."

"Wait-I know this. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in. Remember dad caught me one time and told me to never go back?" Gwen asked Stiles. "It's the water treatment plant." Lydia explained.

"That's where they are." Scott sighed. "That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden."

Gwen looked around the room and noticed Theo smiling at her. Everyone began talking and she walked over to him, "What?"

"I don't know. I think this Gwen. It suits you, definitely better than 8 year old Gwen who thought she was going to be a deputy."

"Who says I'm still not?" Gwen smirked and he raised his eyebrows. "Seriously? That's what you want to do?"

She sighed looking down, "Yeah. Always have. Just haven't told anyone. I don't know how my dad would feel."

"Are you kidding me, Gwen? You'd be the best deputy he'd have. You'd give Parrish hell." She smiled at his comment and watched everyone head downstairs and the two followed.