[25]

ii

ii. The Worst Night of Their Life

"He's mad at me." Scott whispered to Gwen who was sitting next to him in the waiting area.

"Why?"

"He wanted me to give her the bite, but.. I just couldn't. She was too weak. It would've killed her." Scott said rubbing his head.

"It's okay, Scott. You're doing the best you can." Gwen put her hand on his.

"But that's not good enough."

Gwen gave him a sad look. "It'll be okay. If he's the Liam I know he is and he has changed to be. It'll be okay."

"Whether you know it or not, Gwen. You are the glue of this pack. You kept Malia strong when she found out Peter was her father, you were strong for me when Allison died, you were strong for your brother when he was becoming void, you were strong for Lydia when she was figuring out her bashed powers, and now you are strong for Liam."

He got his breath but couldn't look at her. "I know you used to call yourself useless all the time, but honestly.. without you.. this pack would've been separated a long time ago."

Scott looked over at her and noticed her eye closed and mouth open, snoring slightly.

"She didn't hear a word I said." He laughed a little. "Night, Gwendolyn."

They both fell asleep on the chairs. Not knowing that Liam over looked them, eyes yellow and lust full of anger.

__

Liam and Gwen stood by Hayden. Melissa took a hold of her hand. "It's not working, is it?" Liam asked.

"She should be showing signs of improvement." Melissa said. "Hayden?"

"Call Val... my sister, Valerie." The brunette said softly. "She's a deputy." Gwen said peeking up.

"I think I might know where she is. Theo just texted me about to high school. He said there's cops everywhere. Might be another chimera." Scott replied.

"My sister.. I don't wanna die without my sister." Gwen's eyes started watering. Her heart broke at the reminder of Stiles. She would've wanted the same with her brother.

"I'll get her." Gwen said softly grabbing Hayden's hand. "Thank you." Hayden said almost crying.

"Wait what are you gonna tell her?" Liam asked while Scott and Gwen began to walk out of the door. "If we have to, we'll tell her everything."

__

Scott and Gwen looked down the school hallway where everything was demolished.