Sacrifice

Lexi

Buzzing..

All I could hear was the buzzing in my ears. I tried to open my eyes but it was too hard. They were so heavy and everything started to become hazy and I let the darkness consume me.

"Lex, get up. Lex, we gotta go, Lexi!

Matt's muffled voice filled my ears, but It sounded like I was under water. I tried to cling to his voice. For it to pull me out of the fog. Something dark was trying to pull me back down, telling me that this is the way it ends.

Matts voice filled my ears again, sounding more desperate. I wanted to go to him, to help him. His pain was guiding me back.

I let his voice guide me as I open my eyes to the scene in front of me. Demetri was slumped over with a metal rod through his side, and the driver was hanging out of the window, his face burned and filled with glass. I looked around only to see that the car was completely upside down with the windows blown out.

Fire, I see fire outside of the car. The smoke moving over me and causing me to cough as I struggle to breathe through it.

"Lexi, Thank God you are Okay! We have got to get out of here before Demetri wakes up, or the car blows up." Matts Green eyes bore into mine, and I see his head is bleeding and his arm looks broken. He's holding it over his face to protect himself from the smoke.

"Matt, What- What happened? I can't breathe, and My leg hurts I feel like I can't move it!!"

Matts face becomes panic filled he looks towards my leg and sees that my foot is twisted at a weird angle, and there's a large piece of glass sticking out of my leg.

"Matt go, just leave me. This is your chance." My voice comes out week as I start to close my eyes.

Matts eyes widen in fear "Lexi, we are getting out of here together, now damn it! I'm going to pull this glass out and baby it's going to hurt like a bitch. Then I'm going to help you and we are going to run. This is our chance Lexi, Marco did this for us."

My face falls further, and I break down "Marco did this? He tried to save us, where is he?"

"I don't know Lexi, and right now I don't give a fuck. Your bleeding and this fucking car is going to blow up like the other one. Demetri will wake soon, we have to fucking move babe! I'm going to pull this out now and we move. Got it?"

At his words he grips my leg and I nod at him. An earth-shattering scream rips from my throat as he pulls out the glass. I have never felt a pain so excruciating in my whole life. Matt grabs my arms and pulls me out of the car. He tears his shirt and wraps it around my leg to try to stop the bleeding.

"We have got to move Lex. Put your arm around my shoulder " We moved as fast as we could through the smoke and fire. As we passed the other car it was completely charred, and missing its doors. The back was just a heap of tangled metal where our car slammed in to it. What on earth happened? I could see Joshua in the driver's seat covered in blood and his face looked burned away. He was unrecognizable. Marco was laying by the tree, his body all mangled. He was breathing but barely alive.

"Marco!" I scream as I pull out of Matts hold and fall to the ground. Marcos eyes flash open.

"You have got to go! Run they will only be down for an hour or so, and then their bodies will heal. I blew up the car as I slammed on the breaks. I know it won't kill them, but it will buy you time. Go don't stop. Please!!The King will help you Lexi" His words came out pained and broken as he tried to speak. He turned his eyes to Matt