Real Monsters

Lexi

The moment he leaves, I feel like I can breathe again. I wasn't lying when I told him that I have this battle waging in me. Feelings that I have never felt before are fluttering around my stomach like butterflies when I think of him.

I can't have feelings for one of them, I just can't. They Killed Matts family. You can' betray him.

The attraction if feel towards Declan is like a betrayal to Matt and everyone at home. My people fought for so long to try to keep the wolves out. I can't just give in because one happens to make me feel good.

A throbbing sensation starts in my head at the turmoil raging inside.

I need Matt, I need to talk to him.

A soft knock on the door has the butterflies in my stomach fluttering a mile a minute.

He's back.

My body begs to turnaround and moves towards him but my resolve wins, and I stay put. A small chuckle by the door, informs me that he sees the struggle I'm having with myself.

Bastard

"If you would like to see your friends, I can escort you now." His rough voice cuts through the tension.

I whip my head around in shock, my hair clings to my face as my eyes widen. I "N-Now? You will take me now?" I stutter, flustered as I wipe the hair from my face.

"I promised, didn't I?" He raises a dark eyebrow, as a smug look covers his face.

He opens the door fully and gestures for me to follow.

I almost trip over myself as I try to follow him. In the hall, I see the Lycan from earlier on the balcony. The one who requested I went inside so he doesn't get murdered over me catching a cold. He winks at me and I return it with an eye-roll as I scramble to catch up with Declan.

I'm trying and failing to hold the drawstring up on the pants that are 3x too big.

Asshole gave me his pants

"Can you slow down for a second, unless you want this entire castle to see my bare ass," I mumble out without thinking as I scramble after him.

I look up as I abruptly run into his back. He turns around and anger is radiating off him as he glares at me.

"What did you just say?" He bites out as his piercing eyes travel down to where I'm holding my pants up.

"In case you didn't notice but I'm swimming in your sweatpants and struggling to keep them up as I'm practically running after you." My face is tight as I give my best screw you smile.

He mumbles a few curse words under his breath as he runs his thick fingers through his dark hair. "I didn't realize I was walking so fast. "he grumbles. "I will get you some more appropriately sized clothes." He says while glaring at my hands. He moves forward and I step back, causing him to let out a warning growl.

I'm frozen in fear.

He moves forward again, and he reaches for my hands. A humm of electricity starts flowing through my body, instantly making me crave more of his touch. He's staring right into my eyes not saying a word as he takes the drawstring and pulls it tighter. We never brake eye contact as he ties the pants, so they don't fall anymore. This strange and intimate moment is broken when he releases me and turns to start walking again.

I'm left dumbfounded and craving more of his touch as I trail behind him

What the hell was that?