Introduction to the Mythlands

Hi. You may already be reading MYTHLANDS: THE HEIST and have been introduced to the wonderful mishmash of a myriad of fantasy realities and my take on such characters as MR TOAD, KING BABAR, THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE,PROFESSOR MORIARTY, LOKI, THE CHESHIRE CAT and many, many more.

If you haven't don't worry - this companion collection is a different beast and both can be read together or separately. In MYTHICAL ORIGINS you'll find mostly one off, more personal stories about the people, creatures and characters that inhabit the lands.

But more than that - MO will give you some clues and deeper layered meaning to the origins and makeup of The Mythlands itself, hence the title.

The vast majority of the inhabitants are older than the Mythlands itself, which is only a recent (less than 100 years) thing. How did all these storybook realms and characters arrive in one place and what happened afterwards? These and other questions will be answered... at least in part. After all, can't give away a good mystery too soon!

The very first story stars a character not seen in the main story (The Heist) and straight away gives you some major insight - there will also be a cameo by a major HEIST character.

Big characters from THE HEIST will show up in MO, but mainly in smaller roles - exceptions in the first batch of 12-14 stories include THE GOLDEN GOOSE and ARIEL THE FAIRY. Mainly though, these stories will star characters that either played a minor part in The Heist or have not been seen in that story.

These will include for instance THE LITTLE MATCH GIRL (Story 2) and KING FELIS OF THE VALLEY OF PUSSYCATS(Story 7), both of whom have small parts in the main epic but get the spotlight shined on them here.  Story 6 introduces a character mentioned in THE HEIST who appears again in Story 8 and will play a MAJOR role in BOOK TWO of MYTHLANDS: THE HEIST.

Please comment and tell me what you think of each story and the characters. I am also open to suggestions to do a second story for a character you may want to see more of, or introduce a character from THE HEIST into their own story here. 

Thank you - And enjoy!