8.4 What Ariel Did Next: Part Four

BEAR FIGHT - LET'S GO

The Story so far:

Ariel Tempestborn, exiled fey, despised in the lands of her birth - six inches of blonde fury, has never been known for her calm, but in recent years has found peace and a sense of purpose. A warrior and former soldier in the armies of the Avalon Alliance, she now serves the Domain and it's benevolent leader The Tortoise, as Co Chief of Security, alongside her partner Big Bruin.

With a new place and new friendships, eventually Ariel opened her heart to the possibility of love; the lucky man was fellow exile and former knight of Camelot, Tom. For a brief span of years they found happiness with each other, but there are those who have decreed that Ariel should not be left in peace.

These forces murdered Tom and sent his body to Ariel.

Her grief and rage would only allow one response - the breaking of a vow that she had made many decades before. Ariel, with the help of her partner Bruin, would find the one responsible and Ariel would enact a final revenge.

Tracking a lead to Camelot, Bruin prevailed upon the representative King Arthur (one member of the Council of Arthurs) and his ally  Queen Gloriana to furnish a list of those who wished Ariel harm. Gloriana, Queen of the Faerie, knowing such a quest would likely result in Ariel's death, gladly gave up the name of the killer.

But she reckoned without the skills and tactical acuity of the fey exile's loyal friend - from Myth Vegas to the Godlands, the duo tracked down the killer and are now prepared to fight any who would seek to defend him...

*

Fnarnir the frost giant laughed. 'Now, tiny bear, thou shalt meet thy doom here in frozen Jotunheim.'

Bruin's hands sipped into the pockets of the outer fur jacket he wore over his natural fur, against the sub zero freezing cold of the realm of the Frost Giants. 'Talk is cheap. You want me? Let's go!'

Moments later a huge ice club swiped the air where the six foot grizzly had previously been - acting nimbler than  his bulk would suggest, the black furred bear had dived to one side and now, lurching back up on his haunches he held both fists out in front of him.

'Bah ... thy acrobatics merely delay the inevitable, bear!'

Bruin grinned and poised his thumbs. 'You think I'm an idiot, giant? Well I didn't come here without a gift for my hosts!' Ping. Ping.

The twenty foot giant squinted. 'What foolery is this?'

'I don't suppose you guys have these here. They're called grenades! And I just armed them!'

'Your rocks mean nothing ...' Fnarnir flew backwards as the first grenade exploded into his chest, causing ice shards to fly all around. The second blew out his chest cavity, exposing his inner organs.

Bruin reached inside his fur coat and pulled out two smith and wesson pistols. 'Still think this tiny bear can't hurt you?'

Fnarnir gasped in pain, holding his right arm across the exposed ice of his upper body. 'Cursed interloper; mighty are the frost giants - I shall regenerate my ice shell and prevail. Thou will not defeat me.'

Bruin cocked his pistols and pointed both arms straight ahead. 'You've got it all wrong big guy. I just need to keep you distracted long enough.' Throwing back his head, Bruin ROARED and then starting walking slowly forward, firing.

FEY VS GIANT - PLACE YOUR BETS

Pantagruel, like his father Gargantua was a Cornish giant - they stood thirty foot high, bigger even than their frost giant hosts.