11 - Night Out

Another update for you guys:) Hope everyone is having a good day! I've decided to be a bit more interactive with my readers, so I'm gonna start asking chapterly questions.

Q: I live in America, but where are you guys from? (If you're comfortable telling)

Knox's outfit above😍
xo

|Chapter Eleven|

     "Hey," I say as I hear Knox walk into the kitchen.

     It's been a few days since he took me out to that nice restaurant. We haven't been back since, but I still remember it like it happened yesterday. The mention of Knox having brothers made me realize that he has family in California, but no ones called to check up on him.

At first, I thought maybe Knox didn't actually live in California and he was there as the "guest" for the fight while the other guy was the "resident". I asked Angie about it but she told me he was a California boy and he'd grown up there.

So why hasn't anyone contacted him?

"You know, I was wondering-"

He turns my shoulders away from the dishes I was doing in the sink and makes me face him. I didn't realize before, but he's shirtless and his hair is damp from the shower he must've just taken. His recovery has been incredible and he's more resilient than any patient I've had. Plus, he's a healthy athlete so that helps as well.

He cups my face with his hands and my previous question about his family is forgotten. I give him a slow up and down, biting my lip at his sweatpants clad form. He has solid six pack abs and strong shoulders with muscled arms. He truly is an Adonis.

"How are you so perfect?" I say without even thinking.

A sexy smirk appears on his face. Oh fuck, I meant to say that in my head!

"Wait, wait, wait, don't...just ignore that," I say, blushing.

His smirk doesn't disappear. Before I can look away and turn my head, he captures my lips in a passionate kiss. I stand on my toes to kiss him back with the same eagerness he kisses me with. I rest my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my hips. He takes a step back and traps me against the kitchen counter. He pulls me close as if he can't stand the thought of any space between us and deepens the kiss.

A chiming of his phone makes him groan and break the kiss, much to both of our disappointment. He pulls out the phone and shows me the screen. It's from Kurt, asking him if he's gonna be in today. I mean, I set up that gym for Knox, but I thought it'd be more of a on his terms kind of thing. Amusement, makes me shake my head a little. I don't mind, but they must really want him back in or something.

"Yeah, why not?" I say.

He nods, bringing the phone down to type out a response. After he sets his phone down, he pulls me to him. He rests his hands dangerously close to my ass and I bring my hands to his face, keeping him looking at me. I open my mouth as if to say something, but don't know what I meant to even tell him.

     "I-..." I trail off.

     He smirks, raising a brow. He knows I'm lost for what to say, but I give him a grin of my own. His beautiful face turns into an expression of confusion, but I don't say a word. He never has to say anything, so I'm not either. I'm just wondering what he'll do.

     I pull away, going back to the dishes in the sink. Knox puts a hand on my hip, so I glance over my shoulder to look at him. His head is slightly tilted in a gesture of confusion. I just raise my eyebrows, trying to look as innocent as possible.