Théoden King

Darkness.

Everything around me was black.

I didn't know what I was standing on, where I was, or who was around me.

I couldn't see anything due to the darkness, but I could hear.

Someone was calling my name.

They sounded scared, worried, maybe in pain?

"Ryanne!"

I couldn't see the person calling me, but I knew who it was. Looking around, Legolas came into my view.

He was running towards me, but never got any closer. He kept calling my name over and over.

"Ryanne! Ryanne!"

He kept running, but didn't get anywhere closer.

I didn't know why he needed to get to me. But he looked very frightened.

I started to get upset. I had never seen Legolas this scared before. What was happening?

"What is it? What is wrong?"

I wanted to run to him, find out what was going on, but something-or someone- was holding me back.

"Legolas!"

I struggled against the force keeping me from him, but I didn't break free.

I started to feel a hot, burning sensation, and started to panic.

What in Middle Earth was happening?

"Ryanne!"

Was this even real life? I didn't know.

All I knew was that something was starting to burn me. And I needed to get away. But I couldn't.

"LEGOLAS!" I screamed, panicking and struggling harder.

Suddenly, Legolas stopped running.

He looked at me with an equally panicked expression.

He looked at his arms, and they burst into flames.

I screamed as he began to burn, just standing there letting it happen.

"No! No! Legolas!"

More fear. More panic. More grief.

I sank to my knees, tears running down my face.

The burning sensation got warmer, hurting me.

Now screaming out of agony, I tried even harder to wrench myself free of my invisible captor.

The flames leapt up my arms and my legs, making their way up my body.

I looked to where Legolas was standing earlier, and almost got sick.

I saw his burnt body laying on the ground. The flames, now blue and green, still on him.

I turned away. Still crying. Still screaming. Still struggling. Still burning.

Who was doing this? Why were they doing it?

"Stop it!" I yelled, to nobody in particular. Hoping someone could hear me.

"Please stop! Please!"

Again, I looked up.

The last thing I saw was the Eye of Sauron.