Reuniting

Over hill and under tree
Through lands where never light has shone
By silver streams that run down to the sea
To these memories I will hold
With your blessing I will-

My song was cut short as I neared the courtyard and saw many people walking about. I never liked singing around people, so I stopped.

I had heard Gimli singing that song months ago, and I asked him about it. He told me it was a song the dwarves sung to remember their fallen King Under the Mountain.
He had taught it to me, and I found it pretty, but sad.

The courtyard in front of me was full of Elves, young and old. Children ran around, laughing and playing.
Many stopped what they were doing to wave and smile at me. I waved back, and they screamed with delight and darted to their parents.
Three months ago, when the Fellowship went their own ways and our quest had been completed, the Elves of Rivendell had come to know who I was.
The children often waved at me, and I always waved back.

I carefully made my way through the courtyard, feeling my bow and quiver on my back. Once I got further away from the people, I pulled an arrow from my quiver and nocked it to my bow.
Carefully, I crept silently through the trees that lined the kingdom of Rivendell. Before I had come here today, I had told Lord Elrond that I might be leaving.
Not forever, of course. Well, maybe one day. But not now.

Looking up into the treetops, I saw a small sparrow resting on a branch, twenty or so feet above me.
Smiling slightly, I remembered the time I hit a bird with one if my throwing knives and cooked it for breakfast.
I didn't shoot this bird, however, I kept moving towards my targets that were nearby.

The day that the council was held in Rivendell, I spent the morning here, training, practicing.
Many people told me that I would never need my skills with a bow or knives. They had been wrong, very wrong.

I saw the targets and was slightly surprise to see Roanne there.
Lowering my aimed bow, I walked silently over to her.
"Ro?" I questioned quietly.
"Roanne, why are you here?"
She turned to face me, and I was even more shocked to see her crying.

Instantly, I put my arrow and bow on my back and hurried over to her.
I pulled her into my arms and she hugged me back, sniffling softly.
"What is wrong? Is it Saydra?"
She shook her head, then tapped my chest.
"It's me?"
She nodded.

I pulled away from her, frowning.
"Why are crying over me?" I asked. It had been years since I saw Roanne cry, was she just worried?
She took a moment to get herself together before she spoke.
"Lord Elrond said that you might leave, I know not like last time, but don't go again!"
She wiped her tears on her arm.

I sighed. "Roanne, I'm sorry." I didn't know what to say.
"This time I promise that I will be in no danger. Absolutely none."
She nodded a little. "That helps. I just though nobody would be here, especially you."
I smiled. "Come on, let's go find Saydra. She's probably already in trouble."
Roanne smiled. "You are not wrong."

We walked together out of the woods and back into the courtyard. Roanne apologized for crying like that, she was just worried and upset. I don't think she had gotten over me leaving the first time.
After a few minutes of searching the grounds outside, we went to Saydra's room and knocked on the door.

I had to knock four times before she opened the door, looking annoyed.
"What in Middle Earth do you want so early in the morning?" She hissed at us.
"Saydra, it's almost noon." Roanne said. "Come on, let us in.''
She did, reluctantly.

We talked while she brushed her hair and dressed, taking a long time deciding what dress to wear.
"Just choose, it's not like you are seeing someone." I said impatiently.
She turned and smirked.
"Like how you are seeing that Elf of yours?"
I blushed.
"Stop it, he might not even be coming today!"