Chapter 2||

Hard would be an understatement. It was like trying to juggle four gorillas and walk on a tight rope across a canyon. That's how bad it was. My wind shield wipers were on constantly, trying to clear the paint off but it wasn't working as well as I'd like it to. There were some smudges where I could see the road clearly enough to drive, but I new this was dangerous. Yet, I found that I didn't care. I almost ran over into the other lane twice, trying to avoid the other cars as they zoomed past me. Let me tell you simply, this is harder than hard.

I was just so enraged. I wanted to prove to Brett and his friends that I am a strong person. But in actuality, I'm not. I'm not mentally strong nor am I physically. I like to think I am, like I have some alternate personality where I'm a badass chick who won't take anything from anyone. And although I aspire to be like, its just not who I am. I'm a girl who cant get over a crush even if he is detrimental to my health. Quite literally. I have a crush on a jerk. He's a bully, an idiot, and a jerk; and it angers me that I can't stop liking him. One day he's going to regret what he's said to me. He's going to regret his actions. My heart is betraying my mind and there's absolutely nothing I can do about.

And then there's Annie. She's picked on me for far too  long. She's made fun of the way I look, picked out and laughed at my flaws, called me ugly just to make herself feel better. And I can only hope one day I can work up the courage to stand up to her. Tell her to back off or to shut up or something. But what was I going to do about it?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

I was pulling up to a stop light on red, so I stopped. Turning on the radio, the announcer spoke. "Up next, Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer!"

I laughed at the odd title, but continued to listen. I almost smiled at the lyrics, that is until I was thrown forward, my head slamming the steering wheel before the airbag went off. My head then slammed into the car seat, giving me a major ache and black spots. My ear drums were pounding with the force, my head dizzy from impact. It was then, that I realized I was hit by a car from behind. My chest hurt from the impact of the air bag and my head felt like someone was hitting it with a hammer. I heard cars honk, and I realized I was in the middle of the intersection.

Get out of the car!

I tried my best to get out of the car as quickly as I could, but there was a loud screeching noise before another force was throwing me against the side of the drivers door. My body ached, lit with fire in my veins as my head continued to pound. I couldn't focus, as if something interrupted my brain and the message to my limbs. I didn't have time to cry. No time to even process how quick I was hit. No time to process that I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for Brett. I felt light headed, my vison bright and vivid. It was like i sat up or stood up too fast, momentarily blinded. With no energy and a sharp stab of pain in the side of my skull, i sat up straight and rested my head on the head rest, watching as i saw people rush towards me, and blacked out to the sound of faint sirens.

* * *

A loud, high octave noise beeped repetitively, giving me a slight headache. I shifted my head slighty, till there was a small burning sensation spreading from the back of my skull down to my neck. "Ow," I moaned out, gripping what felt to be like bed sheets. My heart sped up at the unknown environment. What's going on?

"Kate!" Someone yelled, the voice feminine and somewhat familiar.

The loud noise made me groan even more. Whats with people screaming random names? Who is this person, and what do they want? Anxiety began to take over me. Where am I? What happened? I tried to open my eyes, but the light was too much, shooting pain down the nape of my neck once again and making me nauseous, not to mention an even bigger headache. My eyes burned with the sudden UV lights.