Chapter 3||

Have you ever felt so sad and alone that you don't know what else to do other than bawl your eyes out? Well I feel like that, but probably a thousand times worse. My head doesn't feel like a victim of a hammer, but I'm scared that the slightest movement will disturb my peace and cause mayhem--also known as migraines. I'm aware that I'm in a hospital, but I don't know what for other than my skull. I've got a head injury, but is that it? My body aches almost as in reply to question, and I suppress a groan, which in the end only makes an unattractive noise. But thank goodness no one is in the room.

"Okay, that was not attractive." A girls voice laughed.

I let out a small squeal of fright. Can't people respect my privacy?

"Who-who are you?" I stuttered, my voice weak. I kept my eyes closed and my head still, slightly scared of the outcome that could be. My esophagus felt like sand paper, and I was not okay with the feeling. My body was making it lucid that I needed water when I started coughing. "Water!"

I opened my eyes quickly to see a teenage girl running around a small hospital room, frantically searching my surroundings. She was wearing a soft blue summer dress with black high KEDS and her dark auburn air in a high pony tail. She was short, but her facial features were sharp and fierce. Remind me not to get on her bad side, she seems ferocious.

"Don't worry! I'll find water!" She practically yelled over my loud coughing. She was scrounging around for the glass of water that seemed to have disappeared under her watch.

My throat was on fire, yet I still managed to find the full glass of water sitting next to the bed on the nightstand. I leaned over quickly and gulped the water, revitalizing my thirst. Meanwhile, the girl was still looking for a glass of water. She quickly yanked the rooms door open and screamed, "Excuse me ! What kind of hospital allows their patients to die of thirst! Can't I have any water in here!"

I laughed at her and the way she said it. I don't know this girl, but I definitely want that to change.

She sighed and gave up, closing the door and walking over to me. She saw the water in my hand before she looked at me. I smiled at her sheepishly, taking another guilty sip.

"Kate, what the heck?" She muttered as she sat down in her chair. "Anyways, how are you? How's your head?"

I took a deep, annoyed breath. I could feel my annoyance. At this point it was tangible. "Look, I don't know who this 'Kate' girl is, but I would appreciate if someone could tell me what's going on!"

"What do you mean?" She said, her mouth wide open in shock. "Kate--"

"Look, I don't know where I am, why I'm here, where my family are, I don't know where my pet hamster is--well actually I don't think I have one, forget that-- or my name!" I choked. I don't even know my name? Of course I know my name. My name is....

Savannah.

No, that doesn't sound right.

Jessica?

No, that sounds wrong also.

"What--what's my name?" I said in a quiet voice. "And why can't I remember...anything?"

I bit my lip trying to hold back the tears. It hadn't occurred to me about what little information I knew when I first woke up. All I could focus on was making the pain go away. But now--now it all came crashing down on me like a asteroid. No, it came in like a wrecking ball, pushing back my walls of little comfort and demolishing any sense of hope and comfort.

The girl began to cry softly, and you could tell she was trying to keep it together, probably for my sake. I couldn't understand why she would be so upset, but I'm well enough to know she knew me somehow. But I too joined her and let the tears spill out like Niagara Falls. It's not a fun thing to have memory loss.