Chapter 5||

"Where is he?" I gritted out through clenched teeth.

"Kate, what are you going to do?" Hailey said as she eyed me suspiciously.

"Confront him. Demand why he put paint on my car." I sat my backpack down on an empty desk and sat down.

"If you do that then he'll know you've lost you're memory. Brett can't keep his mouth closed Kate, and then the whole school will know. Is that what you want? People to take advantage of you and give you pitiful stares?" She sat in the desk in front of me.

"He needs to pay for his actions, Hailey. I got fricken hospitalized because of him."

"But you chose to drive with it."

And just like that, the bomb dropped.

I don't know why I was so idiotic to actually drive with paint all over my windshield. How could I have forgotten that not only would I put myself in danger, but the cars full of families and people around me? And Hailey was right. I shouldn't have drove that car. I should have called my cruel mom or my laid-back dad. But I didn't.

"Where is he?" I said softly.

"In the hallway. He has this class first period, so you will see him soon."

"No one knows about the accident?" I asked hopefully.

"No one."

I smiled. "Well I guess it's game time. Let's make people's jaw drop and eyes wide!"

* * *

"Alright class, please take your seat. I will start with role call then you will get with your partner-which I will assign- and start your project about why people act the way they do." Mr. Durrell said through a thick gray beard and mustache.

"Jared?"

"Here."

"Carmen?"

"Hello."

"Brett?"

"Yo!"

"Jonah?"

"Here."

"Kate?"

There was no reply.

"Is miss Kate here today?"

I stood up with a fake smile on my face. "I'm here! What a beautiful day it is!"

He eyes me quickly before calling the last of the names. "I've made a list of the partners. I will put them on the screen. Please get together and begin your oral presentation."

My name was next to Jonah. Well, that sucks because I have no idea who it is. I was hoping I'd get Hailey but I guess the teacher has other plans for me. A tall, lean and muscular boy walked towards me and smiled. I eyed him cautiously, figuring out if he was one of my bullies or not.

It was hard to focus, however, because he was so gorgeous that he belonged on a Hollister bag. With a perfect even tan, and electrifyingly blue eyes, he was obviously a major heart throb at this school. With a perfect set of teeth and brown hair swept to the side, he strutted toward me with confidence.

Rolling my eyes, I walked to empty an desk and signaled for him to follow. He gave me a confused look but followed me anyways.

"You must be Jonah." I realized it after I said it. The odds of us already knowing each other were already high.

"And you must be Kate," he smiled playing along. "Shall we begin this dreadful project?"

I nodded. "Do you have any ideas?"