Chapter 1: Submerge

"Today...? But I'm only 17..." (Y/N) stammered, tears welling in her eyes. "It's too soon! I don't want to lose you guys! You're my family"

"I'm so sorry, darling... but there's no other way. The time has come for you to return to fiore, and finally find Natsu." Aria replied, with tears in her eyes, too.

"Don't make me go... I'll never survive on my own..." (Y/N) whimpered desperately.

"You'll do great things, (Y/N). You're strong and brave." Diana whispered from next to Aria, trying not to let her emotions slip out.

"Will I be able to visit you guys?" (Y/N) asked, trying to cling on to her family. Aria shook her head sadly.

"You mustn't ever come back here, (Y/N). But, just because you can't see us, it doesn't mean we aren't there. We will always be here, making sure you're okay." Aria replied, pulling (Y/N) into a hug and placing her hand over her heart.

(Y/N) was crushed. She felt like her heart was ripping itself apart from inside out. These people had raised her like their own for 12 years, and now she had to say goodbye. She always knew this day was coming, but she didn't think it would come so soon. She was 17 years old now, and she had grown to be a strong, independent woman. She was an extremely powerful wizard, and Aria knew she would do great things in Fiore.

A portal appeared in front of (Y/N), and on the other side, (Y/N) could see a bustling city.

"This is the city of Magnolia. You will find Natsu inside a guild hall in the centre of town called Fairy Tail." Aria said to (Y/N).

"A guild hall? Aren't those only for wizards?" (Y/N) asked, raising an eyebrow. Aria chuckled.

"I think you'll find that Natsu has acquired magic of his own. He's a skilled fire wielder."

"Fire... huh. Suits him." (Y/N) said, smirking.

"Be safe, my daughter. You will do amazing things to the world. We will miss you very much. We will always carry you in our hearts as you continue our legacy in Fiore." Aria said, her eyes glazed with tears. (Y/N) frowned, and ran over to Aria, wrapping her arms around her.

"I'll miss you so much... thank you for everything. I love you." (Y/N) whispered through tears.

"I love you too.." Aria whispered, running her hand through (Y/N)'s hair. "Now, go. Go and find that brother of yours."

(Y/N) turned to face the portal, taking a deep breath. She wiped the tears from her face, and looked over her shoulder at her family.

"Goodbye..." she whispered, before turning, and running through the portal.

-(A/N - So the god dimension had a weird time compared to the real world. When the reader gets to Magnolia, Natsu and all that have already come back from Tenrou island. I've also changed the plot a bit, to make it so the Tenrou team spend like a few months back in Magnolia before the grand magic games training starts so that the reader has some time to get into the guild and get to know people before the grand magic games where she will meet sting)-

When (Y/N) came out on the other side of the portal, she was next to a fountain in a shopping district of the town. She was amazed, as she hadn't seen other humans in 12 years. She had spent all her time around gods. She looked around, taking in all of her surroundings and the scents around her. That's when she realised something.

"What if Natsu doesn't want to see me again... what if he rejects me..." she whispered to herself.

She decided she would need to keep her identity a secret from him to start off. But in that case, she would need a disguise. She went to a store nearby and found a black cloak, which she quickly bought and put on. She also decided she would need to disguise her scent, so she went to a perfume store. As she was walking through the isles of perfume, she noticed one that caught her eye. A perfume which was named 'Aria'. (Y/N) quickly bought it from the store owner and applied it. From there, it was off to Fairy Tail!

"Jesus, I feel like I'm walking in circles. I'll never get to Fairy Tail at this rate." (Y/N) muttered to herself, trying to find Fairy Tail while holding an upside down map of Magnolia. She then felt a tap on her shoulder.

She turned to see a girl with an orange dress and short blue hair.

"Hi, I couldn't help but overhear that you were lookin' for Fairy Tail?" The blue haired girl asked, smiling at (Y/N). (Y/N) grinned back at her.

"Haha... yeah. I'm a bit lost. Do you know the way?" (Y/N) replied nervously.

"Of course I know the way! I am a part of the guild after all. I'm Levy" The girl replied, smiling and pointing at a strange tattoo that she had.

"I'm (Y/N). Would you be able to show me the way by any chance?" (Y/N) asked, calmer now that she knew the girls name.

"Sure! Follow me." Levy exclaimed, walking off ahead of (Y/N). (Y/N) followed close behind.

During their walk, (Y/N) and Levy made some small talk and got to know each other. (Y/N) learned that Levy was a Solid Script mage.

"And what magic do you use?" Levy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, umm... I can use some... Ice magic." (Y/N) said, concealing her full abilities.

Levy looked slightly sceptical about (Y/N)'s hesitation, but shrugged it off.

"Well you and Gray will get along then! Gray is an Ice make wizard in Fairy Tail. He can be a bit grumpy sometimes, but when you get to know him he's a big softie." Levy said, grinning.

"Great, hopefully I can just sit down and have some peace and quiet when I get there. Magnolia is a big city with lots of people and they're constantly talking!" (Y/N) said, furrowing her brows.

"Oh? Well I doubt you'll get any peace and quiet at Fairy Tail. You are an Ice Mage after all, I'm betting that Natsu will want to fight you right away." Levy said, sighing. (Y/N) stopped in her tracks.

"N-Natsu..?" she asked, as she had completely forgotten that he would be there.

"Yeah, he's a Fire Dragon Slayer and hes always looking to fight someone." Levy said, sweatdropping.

"DRAGON SLAYER?!" (Y/N) yelled, surprised. She knew that Natsu had fire magic, but she didn't know he was a dragon slayer!

"Yeah... Is that a problem?" Levy asked, concerned.

"No... It's fine. Let's just get going." (Y/N) said nervously.

"Okay, we're almost there." Levy replied, continuing on her path.

-TIMESKIP-

Standing outside the doors of Fairy Tail was daunting for (Y/N). It was a massive building.

-(A/N - I made it that the guild hall was rebuilt when Y/N got there.)-

"Ya ready to meet everyone?" Levy asked, grinning wide. (Y/N) took a deep breath and nodded at Levy.

Levy pulled the door open. Everyone seemed to stop whatever they had been doing when the doors opened.

In the corner (Y/N) spotted a few people playing cards. She saw some people drinking at the bar and a girl with stunning white hair pouring drinks. She saw others scattered around at tables in small groups or standing in clusters talking. But what she was focused on was the scene in the middle of the guild hall.

She saw a boy with his shirt off, he had dark hair. He was wearing a silver necklace. His fists had ice surrounding them. This must have been the Ice Make wizard that Levy had told her about earlier, Gray.

A few meters away from Gray stood someone that she recognised instantly. With flames surrounding his fists, she saw him. The one she had lost at such a young age. The one she had been waiting to find again.

Natsu.