ALL ABOUT HER

Sierra tried to listen, which was stupid since Jonas spoke in Swedish. For the last three days, he kept making calls. The Gauthiers name came back regularly, piquing the woman interest.

Jonas told her not to worry about legal issues. The man took everything into his hands. His lawyers explained to him a victim of rape had twenty years from the day they became eighteen to file a complaint in France as the law considers the difficulty of speaking up. In the case where the victim is deceased, the process became long and complicated. Testimonies could help, and any prove is allowed. Jonas also asked about a restraining order.

Neither Sierra or Jonas evoked Cecile's case as it triggered their emotions and made them soar crescendo.

The Gauthiers were dangerous. Jonas didn't need any more proof. He just desired to keep the woman and child safe.

Only when he held the solution to these crucial issues could the man proclaim or at least think of a way of expressing his feelings to Sierra. Things had not yet gone back to normal on their love monopoly. On the contrary, they took a few steps back. Sierra, as always, masked whatever worries she had with a smile.

Jonas saw no need to rush anything. Wasn't it like there was another suitor, or was there?

Jonas got off the phone and found Sierra smiling to herself as she sipped her green cha.

"What's funny?"

"I was thinking, it's weird. I have Cecile's letters, even the ones she wrote while she traveled, but where are mine? I thought her lawyer would give them to me, but he said she didn't leave anything else for my intent. It's crazy."

"You mean your eight letters?"

"Yes, gosh, I hope they are well hidden."

"Why, what secret did you write down in yours?"

"Jonas, please don't go there," the woman facepalmed, "mine were filled with foolishness. I hope she threw them in the sea or something."

The man smiled, "you're making me curious now."

"Oh, Jonas, it's almost time to pick up Leone. I better go."

"I'll come with you."

They both got up to dress and left. Yes, things were almost back to normal. They were walking to the bus stop when Jonas noticed something.

"Sierra, stop."

"What?"

"Your laces are undone."

The woman didn't even have time to acknowledge the situation that Jonas bent down to do them up.

Blood rushed to Sierra's ears, the woman's eyes darted ferret style to see if anyone looked, "Jonas, please, I'm a grown woman. Don't do things like that."

The man got up, "why?"

"Ha? why you ask because I'mㅡ, we're Just don't do it," Sierra said and strode away. Obnibulated by what occurred, Sierra didn't even check the crossing lights; she just felt her body being pulled back as the conductor of the car insulted, "Putain, tu ne sais pas lire un feu? [fuck, can't you read the lights]."

Sierra couldn't hear; her whole body found itself engulfed in Jonas's embrace.

The woman felt her spirit leave its envelope for Valhalla. Sierra had to reel in a massive amount of willpower to retrieve her soul floating in bliss and tap on Jonas's chest for the man to free her.

"I said don't do things like that," Sierra exclaimed.

"So I should leave you to get run over?"

"No, I mean, you know what I mean, right?"