car ride pt. 3

"what? feelings for me? I can't believe you.. are you being serious?" I tell him, in shock. 

"Yes! Obviously. I probably shouldn't have told you anything.." He looks down at my shoes. 

I look at him and smile, too nervous to tell him the feelings are mutual. 

"Hello?"

"I have feelings for you too.."

We both stare at each other, our faces flushing in red. 

I can't break the silence because i feel a big ball in my throat. It's too hard to explain but it feels like I can't speak. 

"well.. wanna hang later?" I say, not knowing what happens after you confess to someone. 

"Sure! I'll pick you up at 7 today?" A boost of confidence shoots through him. 

"Okay!! I've really been wanting to go to a drive in movie."

"Great! me too!"

We split our ways and head home. 

Two hours later, I begin to get ready for my first date with him. I wear a shirt he once complimented me on, and some mom jeans and checkered vans. Basic. 

When he comes to pick me up, I'm glad I didn't over dress. But maybe I did compared to what he's wearing right now. He literally is wearing the same hoodie he wears everyday.

"Well.. seems like I should have tried with my appearance. You look..."

He pauses. He can't even speak. 

"You look good. So good." I smile and look down at my shoes. 

We guys head to the drive in movie. Do all that stuff. 

When the movie is over, we head home. He drops me off, running out of his car to open my door up. He opens up my side of the car, and puts his hand out, gesturing for me to get out. 

"I had a great time.. we need to go out more. Thank you so much for this c/n."

"No problem.. I feel the same."

I smile and begin to walk away. 

"Wait! Before the night ends actually... I wanted to know if you.. want to be my... girlfriend? Sorry if it's too soon but-"

I cut him off. I kiss his soft lips. I'm glad i had that boost of confidence. 

"yes!" He grabs my waist and kisses me one more time. He reaches in for one more, but i walk away, leaving him with the temptation. 

"So it be like that..." He laughs.