Heartbeats

"He's coming...OH MY GOD! THE BABY'S COMING!" Derek yelled frantically, snapping the pack out of its stupor. Derek got Stiles into a seated position and picked him up, taking him to their bed upstairs.

"Somebody call Deaton! Scott, call your mom. I'll call Dean. Cas should be with him at the station since he brings him lunch." Derek said loudly so the pack could hear him over the painful screaming of his mate. Derek whined as he ran his fingers through Stiles' sweaty hair.

He picked up his phone and started dialing Dean's number with shaky hands.

It rand three times before it went into voicemail.

"Come on. Pick up!" Derek yelled into the phone. He dialed it again but got the same response. He decided to call the sheriffs office, he knew Cas went there everyday to get lunch with his husband.

"Hello. This is Deputy Parrish. Sheriff Winchester isn't in right now, but I can leave a mess-

"Tell him his son is in labor." Derek whined into the phone, panicking.

"I'm on it." Parrish told him, hanging up on Derek. Derek didn't think of how Parrish knew that Stiles was in labor, and he didn't know why he didn't ask who it was that was calling, but Derek wasn't focused on that. He was just focused on comforting his mate as best as he could.

"Just breathe, Stiles. Breathe." Derek said soothingly and started to breathe in and out loudly and smiled as Stiles tried to subconsciously match his breathing to Derek's.

Lydia and Allison ran off to go get a bucket of cold water and some rags. Scott went down with them to call his mom.

"Mom! Mom, get over to Derek's house quick!" Scott practically cried into the phone. Stiles didn't know what he was doing, but he was subconsciously projecting his pain to everyone in the house.

"What?! Why, what's wrong?!" Mellissa yelled into her phone, trying to focus on her sons voice through all of the noise. Stiles screaming went back to his regular voice, but it was getting louder as each contraction hit.

"Stiles is in labor." Scott whined into the phone, trying to talk to his mom. He saw Allison with a Hangul of rags and Lydia struggling to hold the bucket of water and went to go grab it.

"I'm on my way." He heard his mom say faintly as he threw his phone onto the couch and headed upstairs with the girls.

.........

Dean and Cas were in the middle of having lunch when they started to hear a siren blaring down the street.

"Cas, stay here. This will only take a minute." Dean mumbled as he looked up.

Dean watched as Deputy Parrish parked right outside of the diner and looked at him. Parrish called him over and Dean quickly got up, grabbing his hat off of the table. He walked outside and waited for Parrish to lower the window so he could talk to him.

"Hello sir." Parrish said, stammering slightly. So, touchy subject Dean thought automatically.

"Hey Parrish. Mind telling me why you're blaring that horn all the way from the station just so you can talk to me." Dean asked politely, with a hint of dry sarcasm. Parrish nodded seriously before speaking.

"It's your son, sir..." Parrish said "...he's in labor."

Derek stared at his Deputy with wide eyes, not believing what he just heard.

"C-Can you repeat that...just-just the last bit." Dean squeaked out, making a pinching motion with his fingers.

"Stiles is in labor." Parrish said slowly and watched curiously as Dean started to nodd frantically.