Top Ten Favorite Episodes of Trolls: The Beat Goes On! (2018)

I don't know if the show will continue afterwards, so these are my favorite episodes.

#10 A New Bergen-ing

After finally bringing peace between the Trolls and the Bergens, Poppy decides to throw a party in Troll Village to celebrate. It only goes down hill when she invites the Bergens. Poppy fails to realize that the Trolls and Bergens are two entirely different creatures, and have a long way to go with their newfound friendship. But when she does, she stops the party and tells everyone they should compromise. The Trolls agree to keep the noise down and the glitter under control as long as the giant Bergens try not to scare them. The two groups still need to adjust, but it's the start of a beautiful friendship.

#9 The Bunker List

Branch made his bunker list to help make him become a better Troll, but Guy Diamond and Smidge dare him to finish it in one day, and whoever loses the bet has to dress up as a baby. Fearing humiliation, Branch decides to use “shortcuts" to do everything on the list, and it seems to work at first, but Branch eventually realizes that his method never made anyone happy. He then decides to redo the list fair and square, and puts a smile on everyone's face. Either for being a better Troll or because of the baby costume.

#8 The Party Games

The Annual Party Games are about everyone having fun, and Guy Diamond is the champion of fun. But he faces competition when a rookie proves himself more fun than him. So, Guy tries to get in the limelight by cheating twice, but he eventually remembers that the only way to have fun is with other Trolls. In the end, he makes sure everyone has enough fun by the end of the games. The episode is funny and shows the importances of friendship and being a good sport. Not to mention, it introduced us to Archer Pastry.

#7 The Giver

Every year on the Harvest Moon, a mysterious Troll known only as the Giver delivers gifts to everyone. Poppy is the only one who's annoyed by it. She's determined to find him so she can give him/her a thank you card. Poppy goes to hell and back to find the Giver, but she fails. She eventually realizes the Giver is Branch, who only did it so he could stay connected to the village, and kept it secret out of embarrassment. Poppy decides to protect his privacy, and Branch finally accepts her thank you.

#6 Meet The Peppy

King Peppy invites Poppy and her friends to a swag stag hunt, where you tickle a stag so they cough up swag. Branch fears that if he doesn't impress Poppy's father, he'll disapprove of their friendship. So, he goes after the King Stag, who's swag is believed to be pure gold. After bagging the unbaggable swag, however, Branch lies to everyone (in song, of course) about how he got him to laugh, and everyone wants him to prove it afterwards. But when he puts Poppy's life in danger, he has to do what really got the King Stag to laugh: stripping down to his boxers. When Branch confesses and explains why he lied, King Peppy assures him that he only cares about how he treats Poppy, and ends up bonding with his daughter's new friend.

#5 Creek Week

Let's be honest, what Creek did to the Trolls was pretty rotten, but when he returns to the village to apologise for his actions, everyone immediately forgives him except Branch. Branch tries his hardest to prove to everyone that Creek is the same coward he was when betraying the Trolls, but only ends up making things worse for himself. He soon learns an important lesson about forgiveness and acceptance, and apologizes to the Zen Troll for being a jerk. Sometimes, you have to let go of anger and forgive even the unredeemable.

#4 Branch Bum

During a road trip, Poppy and her friends end up going through a wormhole and stranded on a desert island. Branch fears every potential danger at first, but once he realizes it's safe, his fear dies down and he turns into his alter ego: Frond. The rest of the gang like Frond at first, until he proves himself useless during a storm. Poppy decides that she would rather have the real Branch back, but struggles to snap him out of it. When she falls into the ocean, however, Frond relapses back into Branch and attempts to rescue her, although she already saved herself. Once Branch helps everyone get away from the storm, they jump back into the wormhole and head off on another adventure.

#3 Sorry Not Sorry

Even couples like Gristle and Bridget have relationship issues. When the spoiled Bergen king insults her on their one-month-iversary, Poppy and the Trolls have to teach him how to apologise. It seems to work at first, but Gristle takes it the wrong way and believes that apologies can be used to get his way. This makes things worse between him and Bridget, and she dumps him for being thoughtless. Gristle learns that when you apologise, you have to show that you mean it, and he makes it up to everyone he's hurt. Bridget finally forgives him and they go on a date they'll never forget.

#2 Party Crashed

The unthinkable finally happens: Troll Village is besieged. To protect his new friends, Archer makes everyone believe he's still with the Party Crashers and has them take Mr. Dinkles as a hostage. While he helps Poppy and Branch, the rest of the Trolls compete in a singing battle to get Biggie's precious worm back. Unfortunately, Bash, the leader of the Party Crashers voiced by Josh Peck, decides to kill Mr. Dinkles anyway, but Poppy, Branch, and Archer rescue the worm, with the latter revealing himself a double-crosser. Bash tries to talk his little brother out of it, but another traitor has him and the rest of the mob thrown out of the village. Archer is hailed as a hero, and named honorary Troll by Queen Poppy.

Honorable Mentions

Trolly Tales; Bellow Bug Day; Laugh Out Cloud; Eye'll Be Watching You; Fluffleberry Quest

#1 Cloudy With A Chance Of Hugs

While the Trolls can hug whoever whenever every other day, Hug Day works a little different. For the whole day, Trolls can give or receive only one hug from another. Cloud Guy has a special lady friend he wants to hug, and blackmails Branch into teaching him about women. Branch struggles at first, but he eventually proves to be a good teacher. His only problem is that Cloud Guy is after Poppy, who Branch also wants to hug. Branch tries to beat him to it, but Cloud Guy ultimately gets the hug. Out of rage, Branch confesses his feelings to Poppy, who returns them. Turns out, Cloud Guy set it all up so the two could share an embrace. Now, if only Keith didn't steal it from them...

What's your favorite episode?