In The Stardust (unrelated short story)

Before we begin, I don't think I'll continue "Poppy's Flower." Or, at least, not now. I thought I knew what to write next, but I got lost as the Trolls franchise grew so quickly. Y'all might have to wait until after Trolls World Tour. So, in the meantime, I thought you would like this little short story. Yes, this takes place in the TTBGO universe. Yes, this was inspired by the SpongeBob episode "Krusty Love." No, I'm not making this into a book. Although it would be interesting. Enjoy.

In Troll Village, winter was always a busy season. Many holidays took place in the winter, hot drinks were sold like hotcakes, and Satin and Chenille were always thinking up new ideas for warm clothes for everyone to wear. But even in this busy season, some people may just find a little time for romance.

"There's this really nice B&B that has a hot tub, and they serve a complimentary breakfast," Poppy explained to Branch as they headed for downtown Troll Village. "Wanna go?"

"I don't really like bed and breakfasts," he replied. "I can sleep in my own bed, make my own breakfast, and build my own hot tub. Or better yet, a sauna."

Suddenly, the pair heard sirens blaring and a voice rang, "Back away from the set! This is my biggest production yet, and I don't want anything blowing it!"

"Production of what?" Branch asked, confused and annoyed. He knew this was the voice of Willow, the village's eccentric, slightly dimwitted, teenage filmmaker hopeful, and one of the few Trolls he actually hated more than anyone else, mainly because he thinks she's crazy.

"The grandest musical spectacular ever!" Willow answered. "I call it... Fiddler on the Branch!"

Poppy and Branch noticed a Troll standing on a tree branch practicing a fiddle.

"Sounds great!" Poppy shouted.

"I was looking for 'awesome,' but I'll take it," said Willow through a megaphone, looking down at them from another branch. "But we can't do anything until you step back, please."

"Willow, this is ridiculous," Branch argued as Poppy backed up. "There are other Trolls in this village. You know that, right?"

"Not moving, eh?" Willow replied, putting down her megaphone, and pressed a big red button on a remote with a cord on it. Suddenly, Branch found himself sprung up and in the air!

"I'm writing a complaint...!" he screamed.

"This does look pretty big, Willow," Poppy said as Branch landed on his face, away from the set. "Don't you need an assistant director?"

"Creek's my assistant director, but he had appendicitis and won't be back until tomorrow," she explained. "But it's cool. Archer's filling in for him."

"I still think this is stupid," he grumbled.

"You were fine with it when I made you costume designer," Willow pointed out.

"Well, break a leg!" Poppy shouted as she helped Branch up.

"Why would I do that?" Willow asked, confused.

"It's just an expression, it really means 'good luck,'" Poppy explained, and left with Branch.

"Oh, thank goodness," Willow sighed. She then picked her megaphone back up and shouted, "How many times do I have to tell you? Don't lick the props!"

Archer just rolled his eyes, but then, they focused on something else. At a nearby diner, a Troll sat by herself at a table on the porch. She gently brushed some snow off her shoulder and tucked back her bangs. With how the sun hit her face, she almost seemed to be glowing. She had cobalt blue hair, violet eyes, and baby blue skin with a red nose. Archer was transfixed by this beautiful creature.