Ginny

I knew he was going to do it. I mean, not exactly. But after about two years of dating, I think everyone knew it was inevitable for us. I didn't know he would say what he did, or do what he did, but I knew it was coming.

The day Draco proposed, or the night, I should say, I cried a lot more than I thought I would. I laughed a lot too. It was just after we had began renting a house closer to the city, as Draco began his job as an amateur art teacher at a wizard beginning art class (he was quite the artist, as we would discover) and I began to get more invested in my quidditch playing. Draco and I went out to dinner at our normal place, and we did all of our normal things. But then halfway through my cheesecake, I felt the atmosphere change. And somehow, I knew. I didn't squeal or jump around when Draco got down on one knee. I cried and I smiled and quietly, softly, I whispered yes. 

Everyone was happy for us. Even Harry, fortunately. Everything, for once, was absolutely perfect. 

"Gin! I'm leaving!" Draco called. Sleepily, I walked down the stairs and kissed him goodbye. "Still tired from the party last night?"

"Don't patronize me, Malfoy, we deserved that party. We are going to the World finals, after all." I said, buttering my toast. Draco grinned. 

"And i'm very proud of you, really. However, I also have to get to work so kiss me like you mean it before I go." With a smile I walked up to Draco, trailing my fingers from his neck to his shoulder before grabbing his collar abruptly and pulling him into a kiss. 

"Like that?" I asked innocently. 

"I'll see you later, Red." Draco grinned. I waved as he left, smiling even after his car was long gone down the road. 

A bit lethargically, I pulled on my training gear and eventually I left too, headed for quidditch practice. As I locked the door before I left I smiled again. Nothing was perfect. The flowers I had tried to plant near the front porch were wilting, there were scratches on the door, and the wind chime was tangled and didn't chime. But everything was perfect.

Short but sweet. See y'all in the next chapter :)