16

I woke up per usual at 12pm, still feeling exhilarated from the night before. I lay in bed and smiled, and closed my eyes. It was such a fun night, despite basically being chased out of the neighborhood. As I rolled over and looked at my phone, it began ringing. I saw and realized Colby was calling, which was only unusual since he typically just texts me in the morning. I answer of course, and put him on speaker while I get out of bed.

"Morning, Jo!" He says. I could hear his smile as he said those words, and it planted a smile on my own face.

"Morning, Col," I say to him, donning a pair of grey leggings and a white hoodie.

"Would you allow me to take you on a little lunch date?" He asks. I freeze, even though we have been together for three weeks, we haven't been on a date. Even before we were together he hadn't asked me out.

"Well, sure, what place do you have in mind?" I ask, sitting cross-legged on my bed.

"Tender greens," he says, and i nod to myself.

"Okay, that sounds like a plan, should I meet you at your house?" I ask, twirling a piece of hair around my finger.

"No, I'll pick you up in about a half hour, if that works for you," he asks, and I pause for a moment before I respond.

"Sounds great, love you," I say, and reach over to grab my phone from my nightstand.

"Love you too," he says, and then he hangs up, leaving me to get ready. I take off the leggings and replace them with a pair of light blue jeans. I wear a capped sleeve top as well, and put my hair into a side ponytail. I slip on a pair of white vans I ordered last week and was right on time for Colby to pull up. I walk out of my apartment and into his car.

"Hey," he says, and starts the car to the restaurant.

"Heyyy," I say happily, and smile at him. The restaurant wasn't far away, and we arrived within minutes.

"I figured you would prefer a more casual first date," he explains as we take a seat.

"I love it," i say. I end up getting a grilled chicken salad, as does Colby, and when it comes I fell immediately in love.

"Wow," I say, and take a bite. Colby takes a picture of me and I glare at him, pulling out my own phone and taking a picture of him while he was in mid-bite.

"You got me," he says, and I laugh, posting the picture on my Instagram. I notice Colby did the same and I look up at him. Wow, I loved him. Barely a month into our relationship and I could already feel that we were closer.

"So, favorite animal," I say when I finished my food.

"Koalas! What about you?" He asks.

"I'm basic and I love dogs," I say, and he drops his head to hide his smile.

"I love it. Favorite color?" He asks.

"I love dark red. You?" I ask. We ask each other simple questions back and forth for a while, getting to know the little parts about each other. Soon it was almost 4pm, and I couldn't believe it.

"Time flies when your having fun, yeah?" He asks, and I nod in agreement.

"Oh, for sure," I say, and we get up and leave the restaurant. We get back in his car and we start to drive. Instead of going to the house, though, he took us on a road to the beach.

"We going to the beach?" I ask happily, and I could feel a smile growing on my face. I loved the beach so much.

"You bet. I know how much you love it," he says, and I turn away to hide the red that I could feel on my cheeks.

"I do," I say, and we pull into an isolated parking lot.

"It's a bit of a walk," he says, and I shrug.

"I don't mind," I say, and he leads the way down an overgrown trail. It was too skinny for us to walk together, but I didn't mind. It opened up as I could hear the water coming closer, and soon my feet hit the sand. I breathed in the salty ocean air and took off my shoes, leaving them by the trailhead. I walk farther onto the small beach, and gaze up at the rocky cliffs that towered on either side of me.

"How did you find this place?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I was driving along here a while ago and found the trail, so I walked down and fell in love with the place," he says, and he walks forward to join me in the sun. I wrap my around around him and he does the same, resting his head on mine. I let go and walk towards the water, letting the water hit my feet. I turn to him and smile, I knew I would be forever thankful for him. He runs forward and surprises me by picking me up and twirling me around, my laughs echoing in the small space. It was just me and Colby, no one else. Just us, enjoying each other's marvelous company. He placed me back down and gazed into my eyes. It was the first time I had noticed how blue his eyes were. They looked like a mini ocean, and I loved it. He leaned forward gently, and I met him in the middle. There, on that isolated beach, I experienced my first real kiss with Colby Brock, and it could not have gone better.

We spent another hour on the beach, talking and even taking a few photos. It was almost dark when we left, and when I sat back in his car I knew I would be coming back here. He started the car and drove me safely home, giving me another real kiss before he left. I sauntered into the apartment, and almost ran into Ella.

"Girl, where have you been?" She asked, and I smiled wide.

"On a date with Colbs," I say, and throw myself on my couch.

"Oh my god! Like a real one?" She asked, sitting down on my legs.

"Yeah, we went to tender greens for lunch then he took me to this isolated beach," I say, and smile as I remember everything.

"Did you guys kiss yet?" She asks, and I smirk, nodding. She jumps up and shakes me, then hugs me tight.

"Oh, the ship has officially sailed!" She says, throwing her arms up high in the air. I laugh and sit up straighter, watching my friend dance around our living room with more happiness than I could ever imagine.