Chapter 15: This Time, Hit, not Grazed

After - what I guess has been hours - I crack open my left eye. It is morning, how I can tell is by the golden light pouring through the window. I am in Jane's house, where I currently live. I can hear them in the other room, Darcy and Jane chattering loudly. Gods do they not have any respect for someone who's sleeping.

I push myself up, groaning from the soreness in my back. I look down to myself and find that I am in new clothing. A baggy grey shirt with black slacks. I cringe in disgust, I am wearing another's clothing.

I look around the room, this is not my room, 'tis Jane's. I sigh in distress and sit up, then swing my legs over the edge of her bed. I stretch out and yawn, goodness in hurting everywhere. I stand, and feel my skin crawl, wearing my boss's shirt doesn't feel right.

I pull the damn thing off of me, and do not think twice before stepping out of Jane's room. Do not worry, I wear undergarments. I groggily look around and watch as Darcy argues with Jane. When I'm not here, Darcy just has to blab on to anyone who gets annoyed by her.

They stop when I forcibly cough. Erik hollers and drops his plate, just to cover his eyes. And Darcy looks away, while Jane marches over. "Delilah how many times do we have to tell you to not walk around shirtless!?"

"I do it all the time, though." I say. Jane snatches the shirt that belongs to her from my hands and tries to force it over my head. "You dare touch a go--"

"Shut up." She mumbles. I glare at her when she finishes putting on the shirt for me. Jane just ignores and goes on to her business, I roll my eyes in response.

"Morning Sleeping Beaut--" Darcy starts. I interrupt her by whacking the back of her head. "Ow!" She whines.

"That is for last night, you idiotic Midgardian!" I snap at Darcy.

"Jaaaane! Delilah is calling people 'Midgardian' again!" Darcy says in her annoying voice.

"Stop fighting you two . . ." Erik sighs.

I immediately move on to help Jane hang up the pictures she wants me to. Jane bustles around, fast and quick. She is printing out the images of last night, it seems that she has caught pictures of such event. I stay quiet that I know what it is because I fear that Darcy will start calling me crazy. And this time, Jane just might agree.

"Delilah," I perk up when she calls for me. "When you're done, take the soil samples to Professor Meyers in geology. Remind him, he owes me."

"Yes Lady Jane." I answer back while hurrying to the fridge. I open it and find the soil that Jane took from what I heard of where the Bifrost landed. I scoop them up in my arms and check their labels to see if I am correct. As I do so, I listen in to Erik and Jane's conversation.

"We might want to perform a spectral analysis." I hear Erik say.

" 'We'?" Jane questions to him.

"I flew all the way out here -- might as well make myself useful." Erik replies. I turn around to see that Jane is excited, this has been the offer she has been waiting for.

She gets up and inserts the piece of equipment she's been working on into a rack-mounted server. I watch with amusement, 'tis always humorous to watch Jane get excited.

"You know what would be really useful? Do you still have that friend at LIGO?" Jane asks Erik.

"She was more than a friend." He replies with an edge to his voice.

I set all the soil samples on the table. I am going to get into this, 'tis interesting. I have more knowledge about the Bifrost than anyone here. Maybe I can lead them to the idea that there really is an Asgard. Then I will not get called mad anymore and they will possibly respect me for who I am!