C H A P T E R 15

MATE CLAIMED

KAI

"How dare you come barging into my territory?" Shouting, Alpha Pierce got into my face.

I contained my rage but barely. The trip took over a day. His stopping me over a show of superiority wasted almost half a day.

It's been a day and a half, damn it!

I needed to get to Arrah but he was stalling me by blocking the way. "Have your men clear out, Alpha Pierce. I did not come here to start a pack war—"

"Not here to start a war but you brought a dozen of your wolves over my territory without prior notice, she-wolf?" Could he be any more condescending? One more word from him, I would stop thinking about the possible repercussions of killing an Alpha outside a challenge.

"I'm here to see my pack mates, Alpha. They're here on an approved visit from your daughter's mate." A nerve ticked and I knew without a doubt that he was everything Olivia said he was and more. "These people are escorts, four of which are from two neutral packs–Nightshade and Fallen Moon. We'll be out of your hair as soon as I take my mate back home with me," where she belongs.

"Who do you mean?"

Chief Lex Ryan came out of the house and greeted me, "Beta Randale!"

"She's your beta? Your second-in-command is a woman?" he scoffed. I would not be picking a fight over that so I paid it no mind.

"How is she?" I asked our enforcer.

"She has not woken since."

No wolf to shift into and sickly, it would take time before she recovers.

"Are you referring to Ms. Tyler?" his voice boomed though there was no need to shout. "You are not taking her out of our territory. The healer stays!"

'The healer stays'?

The last thread of my patience snapped. "My mate leaves with me today!"

"Randale, you're not helping things going off like that." Aquil stepped between us trying to defuse a looming fight. "Alpha Pierce, you have no right to detain Ms. Tyler."

"She needs to rest. It is best she stays." Pierce was not making this easy. "It won't be safe for her to travel."

His words were logical but something about him tipped me off. I couldn't trust him one bit.

"She was endangered by your people – your beta, has dishonored a valid challenge." It was better off he was dead or I would have reveled in ripping his flesh to pieces!

"We have laws for a reason, Alpha Pierce. After what happened, Alphas from all different territories are convening for your sanctions." I didn't want us to be cooped-up here like hostages if things turned for the worst. "Do not aggravate the situation and pile up the cases against you. My pack mates leave today and so will my mate."

Never been inclined to lead, I have never coveted the position of Alpha. If he continues to be this difficult, I would challenge his title. I would have no reservations if that would mean getting him out of the way for good.

However, before I could make good on that thought, the door opened again to reveal Emma Ryan, Macey Ryan and, I think, the Redwoods Alpha's daughter, Bea. All of whom were holding a suitcase each. Lex and two of our men helped them load those in the cars while a seething Alpha Pierce looked on.

Why was she here?

Through the open door emerged Sid, in her arms laid Arrah. My blood boiled at the sight. The way she held my mate made me want to rip her arms off.